Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #16
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
Everywhere. I tend to carry it around the house with me but I spend most of the time reading it in bed.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I read in the tub all the time, and no baggies; I just like living dangerously.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #18
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I'm usually very near my reader when I read. With my EZ Reader the page turn buttons are not conveniently located to hold & turn pages with the same hand so I tend to be ambidextrous but the Kindle 1 page turner is nicely located for left hand hold and turn. However I seem to want to hold it with both hands. The page turn buttons are too easy to hit accidentally or maybe I'm just too ham fisted.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #19
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
In the old house, my favorite place to read was on the couch. In the new house the couch ended up in a different room from the computer, and I like to hang out and read while my husband is on the computer.

So I guess my favorite place to read is wherever my husband is hanging out :-)
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I don't read in the bathroom. I'm afraid it would fall in!
This is where I do most of my reading. My copious butt covers the commode totally so there is no fear of the device falling in.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I tend to read anywhere I have a few moments. But to really settle in and read for hours, this is my favorite place:

Fish tank to one side, window into the backyard on the other, and at least one kitty always happy to keep my lap warm.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
That looks like a comfy seat....cozy...:P
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I apparently read in my sleep. Woke up this morning, with my hand on the dog's back, and the thumb looking for the button to press for "next page". He didn't seem to have one!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #24
CRoss
Bibliophile
CRoss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I do most of my reading in bed, but my favorite place to read is in my husband's super comfy armchair in our living room.
CRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #25
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Since I am deployed I carry mine with me all the time and read when i have some alone time with nothing to do... though if I had to pick a favorite spot it would have to be in my office
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #26
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I am amazed how many Kindle owners are lefties, including me! Favorite places to read are in bed before dropping off to sleep. And if the weather in nice outside, in my swing on the from porch. Sometimes I use the text to speech to read to me while cooking. I've also used the MP3 player sometimes just to play some nice music when I am in my office.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #27
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I read in bed a good deal, at the computer desk while I'm waiting on something, at the pizza place, any place I might have a few minutes to spare. I'm willfully resisting the urge to flip the Kindle for "just a second" at long stop lights.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #28
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Anywhere and everywhere! But I love reading in bed and in the bathroom.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My couch is my favorite place to read my Kindle.... though for the next few days I am Kindle-less. I just sold my Kindle 1 to someone thanks to craigslist today... and ordered the Kindle 2 as soon as I got home... but it won't be here until Tuesday! (signed up for the trial of Amazon Prime and paid the extra 3.99 for overnight... aka overnight from Monday when they'll actually ship it)
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #30
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I just bought a new table lamp for reading in my lounge chair. It has a full spectrum light bulb instead of incandescent so it projects blue/white lighting like LED and makes the Kindle screen much easier to read. I am going to love reading by it!
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote