Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2015, 09:24 PM   #1
Orionpkmyz
Orionpkmyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
"Ghost" entries of docs in Voyage, can't delete

I have many ebooks that I sideloaded by copying them into the Kindle documents folder using my computer. Recently I deleted two "ebooks" by long pressing on my Kindle and selecting "Remove from Device". For some reason they still show up as ebooks, but if I try to open them I get the message "The item you were reading has been removed and is no longer available on your Kindle."

How can I remove them completely? I've tried going back in the documents folder but they are not there, hidden or not. I've also rebooted many times. Please note that these are not on Cloud and do not show up under MYK. It drives me nuts that they "show" on the Kindle but I can't read nor delete them.

Thank you so much for any advice!
Orionpkmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If it said "Remove from Device" that means the book was in your MYK.
Did it ask you to confirm you were deleting it? (If you "Delete this book" -- sideloaded personal document -- you get a confirmation popup.)

I am guessing it's showing because it is in the Cloud.
Try playing with the view settings. Not sure exactly which options, because I don't have a Voyage or PW.

P.S. Update your infoblock it still says you use a Kindle Keyboard.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2015, 01:54 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Could it be in collections view?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote