Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #106
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you switch to device view, are ther check marks in the "In Library" column? (NB you can select books: right-click Add to Library if they really are not in Library. I have not used the option to (force a) Match to Library)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #107
LFactress
LFactress began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
Oof.. well, I guess I spent 7 hours jailbreaking my Kindle 4 for nothing!! Anyway, I realized getting Calibre working wasn't as simple as it seemed, so I went back and read through the Calibre manual, and the article on setting it up for the Kindle, and 2 days later I'm still stuck in the same place, albeit with a greater understanding of what should be happening.

The plugin is installed, and since I have previously created collections on my Kindle 4 (non-touch), I want to import them into Calibre. According to this: http://www.howtogeek.com/169088/how-...e-collections/ I need to create the custom column, which I did. Then from the kindle Collections plugin, select "Import Kindle Collections into Calibre." This is when I get the error saying "No Collections for Books found on the Kindle, import aborted." Here's the thing, the article says I need to do this FIRST, before I do anything else in Calibre, or they "won't be preserved." So I don't want to follow the Calibre instructions which say to Add the books to the Calibre library, because I'm afraid that will overwrite the Collections I've already created (painstakingly I might add) on the Kindle over the years. I'm definitely missing something...

Another odd thing, when I click on the Kindle Collections Plugin and choose "Edit Kindle Collections Manually", it lists all of my Kindle books in the back window, but the collections column is blank for all of them. Yet in the pop-up window, it shows all of my Pre-built Collections and the books in each. I keep clicking Cancel, because again, I haven't actually imported the Collections yet, and I don't want to have to do it all over again from scratch.

Your help is greatly appreciated once again
LFactress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2015, 01:03 AM   #108
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Adding books to calibre does not trigger the plugin to overwrite the collections database? What is the problem?

Don't use the plugin to modify the collections and then click save -- unless you are sure the changes are what you want. Other than that, ,go right ahead and do what you please.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #109
Berzelius
Connoisseur
Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Paperwhite 2 & Sony PRS-T1
Firstly, many thanks for an extremely useful plugin. My wife's ereader is giving problems so I dug out my old Kindle 4 and have managed to transfer 109 books in 33 collections with minimal effort.

However, there is one small improvement in the instructions that I might suggest. I managed to interpret "Create Collections on the Kindle from Calibre" to mean that I could work on the books shown in Calibre and that the books would then be transferred to the Kindle, sorted into Collections. It was only after keep getting error messages about books not being on the Kindle that I realised that what I needed to do was first transfer all the books en masse to the Kindle and then use the plugin to sort them into Collections.

One interpretation of this is that I would probably manage to misread the instructions on the side of a packet of cornflakes. You might care to make things crystal clear for the benefit of people like myself.

However, again, congratulations on the plugin!
Berzelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #110
khromosone
khromosone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I've been following a tutorial on the website below.

http://epiphenie.com/tutorials/kindl...s-with-calibre

I've manually created my collections, and then clicking the 'Kindle Collections' button then selecting 'Creating collections on the Kindle from Calibre'. This syncs normally and then I reset my device. However I see no changes on my kindle and then when I plug back into my PC to try again. All my collections are gone, so essentially nothing is saving.

Any ideas? :S Really sick of putting 90 books into collections over and over...
khromosone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Berzelius: I'm loathe to change a menu item that has been there since the beginning, and OTOH, I'm not finding a potentially better *concise* wording of what it does... :/

@khromosone: Which exact Kindle device are you using? If your device block is accurate, you'll need a jailbroken device and another tool on device to apply the changes (I'd recommend LibrarianSync), cf. the first post.
You also seem to be following deprecated instructions... Follow the first post, and what the actual UI of the plugin tells you to do, not anything else, it's smart enough to point you in the right direction depending on your device.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-29-2015 at 10:14 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #112
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Hi,
does Kindle Collections not work with the Kindle Voyage?
Thanks!
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #113
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It works the same as any touchscreen device, but you will need to use LibrarianSync on the (jailbroken) Voyage.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, I'll push an updated version with working autodetection of the KV/KT2/PW3 once the 5.6.5 JB goes public.

But right now, it's perfectly usable, even on those devices (if you JB over serial), assuming you lie and manually tell the plugin it's a PW2.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #115
shrx
shrx began at the beginning.

Device: Kidle 3G
Can you add an option to change the vertical margin as well? It would be useful when reading mangas on my Kindle 3G.
shrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #116
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I don't remember this being one of the tweakable reader.pref setting on the K3, but if I'm wrong, more info, please .
Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #117
scorpion2782
Enthusiast
scorpion2782 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
i have installed the new version and configured simply with "Create" from Series. The collection into my kindle are correctly, but some titles of book doesn't contain number of series, although in metadata i have "{series_index:0>2s| #| – }{title}" for any format and any device. any suggestions?
scorpion2782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #118
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scorp
This PI make an index of what books are members of what Collection (in the K's menu).

File naming is best handled with a Plug Board, but remember that these are pairs. Change the file template and you need to regenerate the collection
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #119
scorpion2782
Enthusiast
scorpion2782 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Scorp
This PI make an index of what books are members of what Collection (in the K's menu).

File naming is best handled with a Plug Board, but remember that these are pairs. Change the file template and you need to regenerate the collection
Sorry but i don't understand... i need to change metadata matching?
scorpion2782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #120
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion2782 View Post
Sorry but i don't understand... i need to change metadata matching?
A Collection is just a List of files

"Pern"
<list of Pern Books filenames on your device>

the book appears in 2 places on your Kindle
In the collection "Pern"
and in the list of books on the device

The (extended)NAME of the book is set the Plugboard to prepend the {series_Index}

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle