Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #91
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Models are the First model to use that driver.
If you were to wander into the Preferences:Pluginsevice output, you would see comments with the full range of models
To be honest, I'm not even sure it's a Kindle Touch -- it's black, it has a touch screen with a "paper-white" display; the case is black, says "Model No WP63GW" on the back, and according to Amazon "That is not a Paperwhite. WP63GW is the Kindle 7th generation". And not being a Kindle guru, I know nothing more than "it's not a Paperwhite".
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #92
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Phssthpok: Yup, definitely what we call a KT2 (cf. the Kindle models wiki page).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #93
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all,

I am using this plugin and it is working great to manage collections for the books I have in Calibre that I didn't purchase through Amazon. However, now all the e-books I did get through Amazon have become un-collected! I went from having a handful of new books that I hadn't got around to categorizing yet to having over 100. How can I get the plugin to work to put these in my collections? I've been wrestling with this all night and I can't figure it out. They aren't in my Calibre library, so I can't really modify them in there, can I?
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #94
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@synecdoche: If they're not in your Calibre library, you can't manage them automatically.

At best you can try to leave existing collections alone by playing with the "Preserve existing Kindle-only collections" & "Never delete" patterns, or clunkily manage them manually with the manual edit GUI, although I have no idea how unwieldy that is for books not in Calibre.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #95
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Or, if you are using LibrarianSync on the device end, using the Update option instead of Rebuild?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #96
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Missing Cloud Collection

Hi, I am not sure if this is where I would post this question. You will have to forgive me for being not very knowledgeable about computer programing and problems. Anyway, long story short, I added the Kindle Cloud (collections) manager to my Calibre. I ended up not using it because I didn't really understand how it worked, but in order to even see the plug in I had to attach it to my Kindle. So I attached it, checked out the plug in, then basically ignored it. I have 3 Kindles that all had been attached to this computer after the plug in was installed, and now I am unable to get my Amazon Cloud Collections to download to the devices. I am pretty sure it is due to this plug in because I had no problems before, and the devices I have that I have not attached to this computer (tablet, Ipod, etc.) that have been registered to Amazon still show the collections. Now my Kindles will neither load the previous collections from AMazon, they do not even sync up with each other if I should create a new collection. I have been to Amazon about this, they think they were successful in downloading the collections from their end, however, they were not, I still have not been able to access the collections, and now the Kindles themselves will not sync to each other if I should attempt to create a new collection. Books do download from Amazon, just not the collections. What can I do?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Relwood: Nope, nothing 3rd-party can even see cloud collections, even less so manage them.

That, and I notice that your info block mentions a PW2, which would imply a JailBroken device for this plugin to even be able to affect your device in any way.

Long story sort, I doubt your current predicament has any thing to do with the plugin. That said, I stopped trying to figure out Cloud Collections a long time ago, so, who knows what cog of the machine might have been getting its panties in a twist.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #98
rohksie
rohksie began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
**solved my problem** i don't know how to delete this post~sorry

Last edited by rohksie; 06-08-2015 at 07:51 PM. Reason: solved
rohksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #99
LFactress
LFactress began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
Import Collections from Kindle to Calibre not working

Hello! I am new to Calibre, and trying to use it to manage my Kindle 4 (non-touch). I followed the instructions for installing the Kindle Collections plug-in, creating a column called Imported Kindle Collections, and then once Calibre recognized my Kindle, I clicked on the plugin, and selected "Import Kindle Collections into Calibre" and selected the column I created and clicked OK.

I keep getting this error message: calibre, version 2.31.0
ERROR: Kindle Collections: No collections for books found on the Kindle - import aborted.<P>If you know there are books on your Kindle and in Calibre, try disconnecting/reconnecting your Kindle or restarting Calibre.<P>

I have restarted both Calibre and the Kindle multiple times, but continue getting this error.

I have around 150 books downloaded to my Kindle - all purchased off of Amazon, and around 8 collections with maybe 20 books in them that I created using the Kindle interface (Horrible btw). The Kindle is jailbroken, and I have been able to successfully SSH into it via USBnet, but it defaults back to shutting SSH off after a reboot. Do I need SSH turned on to communicate? Calibre sees my Kindle, and it accurately notes the last book I was reading on it, so they are obviously connected via the regular USB connection. Am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciated!!
Lissa
LFactress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #100
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Lissa - Welcome to Mobileread

fyi we like to have PI specific issues posted in the PI's main thread - hence I've merged your thread with this one

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:52 AM   #101
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LFactress: The JB has no implication on this specific device, so you can forget about that .

As for the rest, does Calibre manage to match the books on your device with the ones in its own library (i.e., green checkmark in the "On Device" column of the Library view)? If it doesn't, then look no further, that's your issue.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #102
LFactress

Thanks!

thanks for your help - now I can see my books!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:01 AM   #103
LFactress

Out of curiosity, you said the JB has no implication on this device. Does that mean Calibre would have worked without it, or that you can't jailbreak a K4 non-touch. (Or that you don't need to)...

Thanks
Old 07-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #104
LFactress

Looks like I spoke too soon. The Kindle books don't show up in the library at all. The only book in there is the default one installed with Calibre. I see them when I click on Device -> Show Books in the Main Memory of the Device. So I can't actually do anything with them (categorize them, tag them, etc.), and I'm still unable to "Import Kindle Collections into Calibre" from the Kindle Collections Plug-in because of the previously stated error.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:32 AM   #105
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do you mean to say your books aren't showing on the Kindle itself? Or that they aren't showing checkmarks in the main library view? Can that be because you never added the books to calibre (required)?

If they aren't showing checkmarks in the main library view, and the books are in calibre, you will need to match each book to the library (there is a right-click option in Device view) before the plugin can build collections using the library metadata.

As for the jailbreak query -- non-touch Kindles store the collections database in the userstore, which means the plugin can edit that file without a jailbreak. The device itself is capable of being jailbroken.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle