Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
krcrouse
krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite 2
KUAL Kindlet to Show IP Address

Hey folks,

I don't know about you, but whenever I'm doing detailed work on my Kindle (PW2), I use log in remotely through wifi from my laptop terminal. My home router regularly reallocates the IP Addresses (and there's no way to reserve them on Belkins), and so I wrote a tiny Kindlet to display the IP Address on the Kindle for 5 seconds so I could ssh in.

In case this might be useful to others, here's everything I think you need. I only known that this works on the PW2. It connects to the built in EIPS module for screen output and uses the Python that you can find here; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474. If you're on another Kindle that doesn't have that, sorry. It won't work.

1. a. Your Kindle is jailbroken and you use KUAL. If it's not or you don't, fin.
1. b. You have Python installed.
2. copy the attached *.tar.gz to /us/mnt/extensions
3. Untar it : tar -xvzf kindle-ipaddr.tar.gz
* as with any good tar file, this will untar to a subdirectory
4. delete the tar.gz file : rm kindle-ipaddr.tar.gz

Should be all set. Re-run KUAL. The "Show IP Address" should be a menu item. It should show your IP addresses for 5 seconds. The address that is like 192.168.15.* is the USB address. Any other address is your wifi address in case you want to use it for your USB Network.
Attached Files
File Type: gz kindle-ipaddr.tar.gz (2.1 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by krcrouse; 01-30-2014 at 10:13 AM.
krcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert