Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
PDF files in Calibre 0.7.13

I just updated to calibre 0.7.13 and tried to convert some PDF files to e.pub to read on my iphone 4. I used the same settings as I have before, but they won't convert--or download correctly--or something. When I try to download them thru Stanza to my iphone, I get an error message saying "Import Failed. Failed to download and import 'title of file': Failed writing downloaded book data to:/private/var/mobile/Applications/A09FC876-C776-471D-A063-40D012BF2BFF/tmp/Downloads/download-12

I have 10 files, and tried to download them as a group, which didn't work, then tried one at a time--which didn't make any difference So any help would be appreciated.
Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

adding more info

I think this may be a Stanza problem. I have tried downloading thru gmail, thru the Baen free library, and a file that was already ePub and didn't need to be converted. I am off to the Stanza forum, but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Mary
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That problem seems to occur every so often, and the solution is a complete reboot of the device running Stanza.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
rxmom03
Addict

I found that out last night--I obviously need to read the Stanza forum more often! I turned my iPhone off and back on and now I can download my books. Although this is apparently a temporary fix and apparently once it happens, it may happen a lot....