Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
K03AK
K03AK began at the beginning.

Device: NONE >:|
Can anyone buy ASTAK reader from Frys for me?

Hi,
I have been waiting for Frys sale on Astak readers for two weeks and now I am mad because they won't ship to my home address, only to a store address!!

The nearest [deleted expletive] store is 90 MILES AWAY!

Can anyone buy this for me and ship it to my address and I will repay you?

I have no ebook reader and have been looking towards this weekend so I can snag Astak reader while it would be on sale but Frys is [deleted].

http://www.frys.com/product/5834633
K03AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It's a 40 mile drive for me, not too awful. However, you really should look into the costs of shipping before you try to snag a sale price. Also, you need to consider whether you are going to be willing to reimburse the person who does this for you for time and gas as well as shipping.

I say this only because, your sale price might get inflated to the point where it is no longer a bargain, or less of one than if you drove the 180 mile round trip yourself (or found someone in your area who made that commute on a regular basis).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you explain what you mean when you say "Frys is gay", please?

And please try, in the future, to express you views without using obscene language. Many people find such things distasteful.

Thank you,

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by K03AK View Post
Hi,
I have been waiting for Frys sale on Astak readers for two weeks and now I am mad because they won't ship to my home address, only to a store address!!

The nearest [deleted expletive] store is 90 MILES AWAY!

Can anyone buy this for me and ship it to my address and I will repay you?

I have no ebook reader and have been looking towards this weekend so I can snag Astak reader while it would be on sale but Frys is [deleted].

http://www.frys.com/product/5834633

Hello, K03AK:

Two of your words have been deleted by me from your post. As another Moderator has stated, please refrain from using such language here on MobileRead.

We welcome reasoned dialogue that does not descend into the realm of profanity or gender choice.

I wish you luck in finding your Reader of choice.

Thank you,
Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
gen
Enthusiast
gen began at the beginning.

Device: 200LX
Hi Don (Moderator),

The 2nd word that you had deleted was also used quoted by the first moderator but it wasn't deleted by you.

Anyway, the 2nd word is a old english word. it is not a obscene word. It means => "happily excited"

From merriam-webster

I agreed with the first moderator(Harry) to first ask what does the use of word intended to mean before doing any form of censorship.

As for the first deleted word, I would agree that should not be used. (though its just a colorful expression of one's emotional state. And has no obscene implication)

Cheers..

PS: Astak just lost another customer.
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
K03AK

I do apologize for my language. It is just I waited for this deal for two weeks and it was the first thing I checked this morning when I woke up. I was looking towards getting a reader for such a long time and this seemed like an awesome opportunity. I know this is not Astak's fault but just the way Frys sells this item.

The price at the counter (or when order to be shipped to the store from Frys website) would be $249.99

I will would reimburse any gas costs (reasonable of course, if you live NEAR Frys) and the shipping costs to my address. In addition I am willing to send a check for $30 (amount of the rebate) for doing this favor to me. I am serious about this.

Here is my eBay feedback is under username darkmage47
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

My Heatware feedback:
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=55872
Old 07-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K03AK View Post
I do apologize for my language. It is just I waited for this deal for two weeks and it was the first thing I checked this morning when I woke up. I was looking towards getting a reader for such a long time and this seemed like an awesome opportunity. I know this is not Astak's fault but just the way Frys sells this item.

The price at the counter (or when order to be shipped to the store from Frys website) would be $249.99

I will would reimburse any gas costs (reasonable of course, if you live NEAR Frys) and the shipping costs to my address. In addition I am willing to send a check for $30 (amount of the rebate) for doing this favor to me. I am serious about this.

Here is my eBay feedback is under username darkmage47
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

My Heatware feedback:
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=55872

Thanks, K03AK.

Welcome to MobileRead, by the way.

I know it's frustrating when you expect something (or when something is guaranteed to be delivered or, in your case, simply wanting something shipped.)

Please look around MobileRead, visit the Forums of your choice. Please feel free to join in on discussions and in making new friends.

Don
Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Hi Don (Moderator),

The 2nd word that you had deleted was also used quoted by the first moderator but it wasn't deleted by you.

Anyway, the 2nd word is a old english word. it is not a obscene word. It means => "happily excited"

From merriam-webster

I agreed with the first moderator(Harry) to first ask what does the use of word intended to mean before doing any form of censorship.

As for the first deleted word, I would agree that should not be used. (though its just a colorful expression of one's emotional state. And has no obscene implication)

Cheers..

PS: Astak just lost another customer.
Hi, gen:

I didn't delete Harry's use of the word due to the fact that Harry is asking what "gay" means within the context of the original poster. I interpreted the OP's comment to mean he was NOT having a happy time.

I actually know the alternate [and not often used] meaning of the word "gay" (as opposed to its use as a negative slam against the gay community), due to having purposely used "gay" in a headline I once wrote advertising for a happy time at an event at my university. This was during my younger years, back when I was a Features Editor for the entertainment/arts section of the newspaper.) Yabba Dabba Do: Time to get my Flintstones wheel out and roll it around on the carpet!

I think many of us have access to colorful expressions...there have been many, many times when I wanted to use one on [name deleted by me]...but I decided not to.

Don
Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
As I told my daughter, words and the connotation we place on them are interesting.

For example we could all get by (maybe not well but could get by) if we used the term BS in polite society. But if we spelled it out, i.e. what the B & S stand for we'd likely be criticized. On the other hand if we said, "male bovine feces" many of those same criticizer would think it cute and in the end (no pun intended) it's all the same stuff.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Apparently Fry's EZ Reader deal isn't as big as it was advertised here by Robertb. Not Roberts fault, though, as Fry's decided to up the sale price before the refund.

I would suggest the OP wait until mid-Aug and order the 5" inch PocketPro. The screen is only slightly small, it's faster, twice the gray levels (8 instead of 4), and is much more portable. Also, you get the same number of lines as the 6" but without the blank margins. All this for only 200 bucks.

It's really a no-brainer.

I've been wanting to get an ererader since the Sony Reader 500 was still being talked about, but prices and features kept me from it. Now, finally, is the time to buy.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
K03AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Apparently Fry's EZ Reader deal isn't as big as it was advertised here by Robertb. Not Roberts fault, though, as Fry's decided to up the sale price before the refund.

I would suggest the OP wait until mid-Aug and order the 5" inch PocketPro. The screen is only slightly small, it's faster, twice the gray levels (8 instead of 4), and is much more portable. Also, you get the same number of lines as the 6" but without the blank margins. All this for only 200 bucks.

It's really a no-brainer.

I've been wanting to get an ererader since the Sony Reader 500 was still being talked about, but prices and features kept me from it. Now, finally, is the time to buy.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
gen
Enthusiast

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply. Guess colorful expression will go the way of the dodo in the 23rd Century as like Star Trek 4 - The Voyage home.

Cheers..
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
gen
Enthusiast

Yup, agreed with griffonwing. This EZ Reader basic isn't really a big deal, its still using the old 200MHz Arms processor. All the new readers coming out are at least 400MHz. This sales is most likely to clear off some old stocks before the new stuffs comes in. And since the pocket pro is just 6weeks away plus its still a good $20 lower. Its a much better deal than this..

Also i guess also in Aug, Sony may be coming out with another new model, therefore the last border sales at $199 for the PRS-505(also a 200MHz processor) thus seems like there is going to be a big shift in the reader's market.

my guess is with Pixel-Qi in the pipeline to compete with e-ink, e-ink is going to have to lower their screen cost. All this time e-ink is having a monopoly. Its great for us when there are competition in the market.

Cheers...

Last edited by gen; 07-04-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'm probably going to regret writing this, but the phrase "Frys is happily excited" makes no sense to me whatsoever in any context.

WetDogEared.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
gen
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm probably going to regret writing this, but the phrase "Frys is happily excited" makes no sense to me whatsoever in any context.

WetDogEared.

Haa, english is kind of ambiguous. so many angles to look at.

Frys is happily excited to make all its customers unhappy, forcing most of its customers to come down and visit their store in hope that when customer visit their store, they would buy other stuffs too.