Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
snickp
snickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: pr505
Hi from the ex capital of culture

Hi all, short time lurker and new member, wanted to say Hi from Liverpool. I have a history of using Palms and Windows PDAs for mobile reading and am taking the plunge into the proper kit at last, just waiting to finish my collection of novels that I received in hardback for Xmas before I spend my hard earned on a lovely new Sony 505.
snickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! Enjoy your hardbacks, we will be waiting for you when you are ready. Meantime, check out our wiki and book upload sections (links above) .
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That's a good goal (to read your hardbacks before you get a Reader). Hurry up though!

Welcome to the Forum!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Wecome aboard snickp - nice to meet you!

What did you think of Liverpool's year as cultural capital? What we saw of it on the telly looked great; but will it leave a lasting legacy?

Anyway - hope you find the site useful.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, don't forget to vote in desertgrandma's poll , last day today!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi snickp and welcome to the Forum. I tried waiting till I finished all my pBooks but, in the end went out an bought a 505 and got so hooked on it, I bought the eBook version of a paperback I was halfway through, and never regretted it. Mind you, most junkies don't regret the money they spend on their habits either.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickp View Post
Hi all, short time lurker and new member, wanted to say Hi from Liverpool. I have a history of using Palms and Windows PDAs for mobile reading and am taking the plunge into the proper kit at last, just waiting to finish my collection of novels that I received in hardback for Xmas before I spend my hard earned on a lovely new Sony 505.
Hello, snickp and welcome to mobileread.

You might want to participate in our "What Country are you From" poll....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
snickp
snickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametersnickp can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: pr505
I think the last year went well for Liverpool, it certainly managed to attract a lot of visitors and we had some pretty special stuff going on in terms of entertainment. I hope it gives a lasting legacy that is more than just the commercial side of things with Liverpool One, but who can tell.

I am resisting as best I can the purchase of my new toy, so every time I hear about how great they are my iron resolve gets a bit more rusty. I may well just take the plunge tomorrow..

Forgot to say, vote has been counted and verified I hope..
snickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
I think the last year went well for Liverpool, it certainly managed to attract a lot of visitors and we had some pretty special stuff going on in terms of entertainment. I hope it gives a lasting legacy that is more than just the commercial side of things with Liverpool One, but who can tell.

I am resisting as best I can the purchase of my new toy, so every time I hear about how great they are my iron resolve gets a bit more rusty. I may well just take the plunge tomorrow..

Regardless of which reader you choose, you will wonder how you ever got along without it!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

The best way I've found to get temptation behind me is to yield to it. So go ahead and get a reader. You won't regret it, although those hardbacks might never be read.

And welcome to the forum.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oooh, stay strong snickp, if you are like me, all the paper books you bought just before getting a reader will stay in unread (and increasingly dusty) piles on the bedside table (and the living room table, and the bookshelves, and possibly even a few piled up on the floor, if your bookshelf space is limited like mine... ).

or, you know, give in to temptation now, and get those books in e-form.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh, stay strong snickp, if you are like me, all the paper books you bought just before getting a reader will stay in unread (and increasingly dusty) piles on the bedside table (and the living room table, and the bookshelves, and possibly even a few piled up on the floor, if your bookshelf space is limited like mine... ).
What is it about us readers that buy more books than we can possible read before the next trip to the book store? Why do we make that next trip to the books store when we still have months of unread books on the shelf (physical or virtual)?

If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What is it about us readers that buy more books than we can possible read before the next trip to the book store? Why do we make that next trip to the books store when we still have months of unread books on the shelf (physical or virtual)?

BOb
i know. i have a problem.

(raises hand) "my name is zelda pinwheel, and i am a bookaholic."

(i don't want to be cured !!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i know. i have a problem.
Actually, eBooks have pretty much cured me of this compulsion of buying to much ahead of time. Now I pretty much don't buy a book till I'm ready to read it. Although I do still have a large list of downloaded "toberead" stuff since it was all free.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:

BOb
Because we see a book we know we'll want to read at some point, and are subconciously worried it won't be around when we actually have time to read it.

Oh - and welcome snickp

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 01-30-2009 at 02:35 PM.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

BOb
It's an addiction, for which (thankfully) there seems to be no cure.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote