Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #31
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
True. But you could either repurpose the left/right icons to move via bookmarks, or simply have the up/down arrows move to pages containing either bookmarks or scribbles... so many different possibilities!

My thinking is to use the folder buttons to open and switch between multiple documents simultaneously. So for example, let's say you have a document open. Then pushing the document button brings up the document menu without closing your current document, allowing you to open a new document. With two or more documents open, pushing the button lets you switch between documents. Or you could switch from notes to a document and back by pushing the respective folder buttons...

Anyway, that's why I think we should leave those buttons alone.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 AM   #32
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
yeah, but Mike's iPDF has no room left on the button-bar for any additional features.. also, i usually work in fullscreen mode.. Still, we've four buttons to play with :P
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #33
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Good news! Just recently on http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2854&start=240

Note how this no longer is a hint, or a might it is a *will*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
Small update: We are currently in the process of publishing the source codes and SDK of the iRex 1000 series and they should be available somewhere next week. After that we will move forward with publishing the rest of the iLiad codes.
__ __ __
__ __ __
__ __ __
__ __ __
Old 10-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #34
rosrog
rosrog began at the beginning.

Device: iliad 2nd edition
Hello, everyone, could someone help on wireless connection. I was able to connect by wireless to the ids when I requested for the shell access. But after then, I've not been able to connect to the internet anymore, even though the access point is scanned and located by the iliad. It keeps stating, coonection, UNSUCCESSFUL.
I've tried to search the site, but not sure where to find such thread, where its been dealt with. Further more, I downloaded and installed minimo for web browsing, but I need connection possible first, by wireless. Please help.
Thanks in advance. Sorry, my device is the iliad 2.12v

Last edited by rosrog; 10-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #35
rosrog
rosrog began at the beginning.

Device: iliad 2nd edition
Hello, everyone, could someone help on wireless connection. I was able to connect by wireless to the ids when I requested for the shell access. But after then, I've not been able to connect to the internet anymore, even though the access point is scanned and located by the iliad. It keeps stating, coonection, UNSUCCESSFUL.
I've tried to search the site, but not sure where to find such thread, where its been dealt with. Further more, I downloaded and installed minimo for web browsing, but I need connection possible first, by wireless. Please help.
Thanks in advance. Sorry, my device is the iliad 2.12v.

Last edited by rosrog; 10-10-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Advert
Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

Device: BeBook
It would be a smart move.

Irex could save money on development, because people would develop (hopefully) the software for free

The device would ship with different versions of the software, so every people would find their needs.

I think that the hardware itself is the most important, not the software in this case. Because the hardware is revolutionary (e-paper technology), but the software is (Linux) is not new. So it would not hurt the device if they would make the software open source.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #37
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
They are likely trying to gauge interest to see if it's worth their time to clean everything up, and make sure they're not releasing code they don't have the license to.

Hence why we really need to show them how much we want this.
Exactly.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #38
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
It sure seems like community support is very strong and this is only for owners active on this board. I'm sure there are many times that number of people who would like to see continuing development of the iLiad platform, but don't post on here.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #39
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Exactly.
Let's give the man some karma!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #40
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Karma sent! And can I repeat once more how much I'm looking forward to seeing even a little bit of the remaining source code! And seeing all of it... would be fantastic.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #41
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Exactly.
Then: We are waiting for it eagerly.

Personally I've a lot of interest in the sources as my iliad right now is sitting mostly unused but with a some changes to contentlister et al I hope to bring it to use again .
Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #42
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Excerpt from today's i to i blog post by the CEO on the iRex site:

"A number of customers have expressed their concern about the future of the iLiad. We like to emphasize that the iLiad products will remain in production and we commit ourselves to continue to support the iLiad platform including future service and maintenance updates. We will continue to actively support third party development projects both by our partners and the community. To that end we will release all the iLiad source codes later this week."

Great news!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #43
jharker
Developer

Check it out: iRex has revamped the directories in the developer portion of their website. Here you can see they've added a directory for iOn, which I assume is the most recent software for the 1000 Series. And in the iLiad directory they've rearranged things a bit and added a new directory for... wait for it....

"The sources for the iRex-developed software of the iLiad operating system."

Now, most of the new directories are empty at the moment. But clearly this is a prelude to the software release later this week. Very exciting!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #44
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Check it out: iRex has revamped the directories in the developer portion of their website. Here you can see they've added a directory for iOn, which I assume is the most recent software for the 1000 Series. And in the iLiad directory they've rearranged things a bit and added a new directory for... wait for it....

Now, most of the new directories are empty at the moment. But clearly this is a prelude to the software release later this week. Very exciting!
I saw this yesterday. Still waiting on the code, but this is going to be very cool.

It's going to be difficult to find the time for all the things I want to look through and do.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #45
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post

at this moment, those directories do not appear to be empty.
Closed Thread