Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Lucien Didier
Lucien Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro +
Help for Energy Sistem eReader Pro+

Hi,

I have recently received my eReader Pro+ from Energy Sistem. It's very similar if not identical to the T62+ by Boyue.

Unfortunately, the Google Play Store does not work out of the box. When I want to add a Google Account, it starts to hang after I enter my name and then press Next. I then receive the following message:

"Unfortunately, Google Account Manager has stopped."

I would be happy to do without Google on the device but given that Google Play Store is crucial to accessing many apps for Android, I cannot really do without.

What do you recommend to fix this issue?

Is it possible to root this device and if so, how?
Lucien Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #2
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien Didier View Post
Is it possible to root this device and if so, how?
- Search for "Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk".

- My version of the Pro+ came with a secured adbd daemon (preventing you from opening a root adb shell).
Here are some pointers :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833756
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...duction-builds
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1687590
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Lucien Didier

Has anyone suggestions on how to get Google Play store running? Factory reset didn't help.

@didierm

Sounds complicated.

Is the ES eReader Pro+ identical with the T62+ and therefore can be hacked in the same way?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:57 AM   #4
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:

Sounds complicated.
Thank you Lucien to bring this point. There are people would like just to open the reader and start to enjoy it efficiently, hacks of course are greatly welcome, but companies maybe should do something more when they launch in production a product
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Thank you Lucien to bring this point. There are people would like just to open the reader and start to enjoy it efficiently, hacks of course are greatly welcome, but companies maybe should do something more when they launch in production a product
This has nothing to do with the product itself (my Energy Pro+ had Google Play working perfectly fine out of the box) but probably something to do with the WiFi connection used. In the past I have had this pb with my old router on my T68.

Lucien, try using another WiFi point and report whether it is working or not.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

Lucien, try using another WiFi point and report whether it is working or not.
Please Lucien let us know, I would like to buy an Energy Pro+
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have rooted my Energy Pro+ (there are instructions at the forum), with Google Play (no problem at install at all), Mantano, calibre companion and Nova Launcher. And it connects seamlessly to WiFi network.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #8
Lucien Didier

Hmm, Energy Sistem's support suggested that I reinstall their OS to see if it works. However, I did not manage to get so far. I've downloaded their firmware package and installed the drivers with it. The Rockchip Batch Tool v 1.7, however, appeared not to install its own drivers as suggested per manual and also did not recognize the Pro +. I therefore could not continue with the flash procedure.

I will try a different WLAN network but currently don't think that this can make a difference. We will see. I shall report here.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #9
charlie - uk
Enthusiast
charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox T68 & I86 HD ML+, Hisense A5,A5CC,Q5
I had a problem logging into Google Play with my Energy Sistem Pro +, I found turning off two factor authentication in Google settings worked for me. Using your Browser on A Mac Or PC, go to Google.com or whatever your local domain is & your Google My Account settings are in the top right hand corner, Two Factor Authentication, On - Off is under Sign In & Security settings, you can turn it back on when you have logged into Google Play Store on your Energy Sistem Pro +....

Last edited by charlie - uk; 07-16-2015 at 08:06 AM.
charlie - uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
Lucien Didier

Hi charlie,

Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I do not use two factor authentication. Any ideas of how I can reinstall Google Play?

I tried to reinstall the firmware but the RK Batch Tool v1.7 does not recognize my device.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:44 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Do not use the RK 1.7 from Energy (never worked for me either), use the 1.2 one in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89&postcount=1. Worked for me every time. I experimented a lot with the kitchen with my pro+ when I got it and had to reflash the energy pro+ original FW some times, now I am happy with the FW I have (C67).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Solved?

Quote:
Hi charlie,

Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I do not use two factor authentication. Any ideas of how I can reinstall Google Play?

I tried to reinstall the firmware but the RK Batch Tool v1.7 does not recognize my device.
Dear Lucien,
Is your problem solved. Isf so how?

Did you upgrade to the 2.0.0B upgrade?
I did and had no problems connecting to google play.
Kun
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
dieselnutjob
dieselnutjob began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro+
I got my pro+ (it was a sod to find one in stock) yesterday. It signed into google play first time without any problem.
I am using a HTC phone on 3G as a mobile hotspot to connect the pro+ to the Internet.
In settings, about ereader it says Build number eReader_Pro_Plus_V1.0.0_2015040314
is that the firmware version?
dieselnutjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #14
dieselnutjob
dieselnutjob began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro+
According to this page http://www.energysistem.es/es/suppor...A=ajdgcnfedmmh 1.0.0 is the current firmware. What is meant by 2.0.0B ?

Also, is there an easy way to transfer files to the SD card and using a USB cable from the Ereader to a PC?
dieselnutjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:58 AM   #15
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Updating your Energy Sistem eReader Pro+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
According to this page http://www.energysistem.es/es/suppor...A=ajdgcnfedmmh 1.0.0 is the current firmware. What is meant by 2.0.0B ?

Also, is there an easy way to transfer files to the SD card and using a USB cable from the Ereader to a PC?
What is meant by 2.0.0B
The most recent version of the firmware fot the Pro+ is 2.0.0B (august 2015).

Check the firmware on you device:
1. go to the home screen, and choose [Setting]
2. choose [About eReader >] (last option)
3. In the new screen you'll find: Energy Version. Mine is 2.0.0B as I have upgraded a week ago (August 9th, 2015)

UPDATE your device :
1. connect to wifi
2. goto the home screen, choose [Setting]
3. choose [Energy Updates] (second last option)
4. the new update will be found
5. choose to install and give thre device some time to install
6. Reboot

I strongly recommend ti Reset your ereader Pro following the update. It made my device run smoother.

RESET your device:
1. go to the home screen, and choose [Setting]
2. choose [Backup & Reset]]
3. push [reset ereader]
4. choose [erasa everything] - you will loose all downloaded apps,
but not your books! You'l have to login to your Google account again too.

Please share your experience.

Kun
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, google account manager, google play, kobo app, pro+, t62+