Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Reading list and auto Updating plug ins

Can you tell me how to install and set up the reading list plug please?

Or suggest how I can create a column of "to be read" if that is easier for me?

Also is there a way to get calibre to auto update plugins?
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Can you tell me how to install and set up the reading list plug please?

Or suggest how I can create a column of "to be read" if that is easier for me?

Also is there a way to get calibre to auto update plugins?
Preference: Get plugins: (The default list is Not installed) To install

Calibre only NOTIFIES you about available updates. The sane rule applies to PI, PLUS it only announces those compatible with the installed version of Calibre, which is why you now see a plugin announcement show right after you do an update

Click the Help button (really a shortcut to the PI section here ) to find the usage and configuration instructions.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preference: Get plugins: (The default list is Not installed) To install

Calibre only NOTIFIES you about available updates. The sane rule applies to PI, PLUS it only announces those compatible with the installed version of Calibre, which is why you now see a plugin announcement show right after you do an update

Click the Help button (really a shortcut to the PI section here ) to find the usage and configuration instructions.

Only got Quality Check and Find Duplicates at the minute.
So will calibre tell me there are updates for them?
Or do I have to download something to check?
I do find calibre vey confusing
how I can create a column of "to be read" also - that might easier for me?

Last edited by book64; 05-29-2013 at 08:33 AM.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post

Only got Quality Check and Find Duplicates at the minute.
So will calibre tell me there are updates for them?
Or do I have to download something to check?
I do find calibre vey confusing
how I can create a column of "to be read" also - that might easier for me?
All plugins on that tool list will notify you of updates.
Any other user plugins will not.

Follow the PI instructions on which columns are needed and WHAT TYPE.

Adding colums is easy... Choosing the Correct type is more difficult
If all else fails... Try the directions
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote