Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
JamBooks
JamBooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Crime Thriller Awards

Wanted to let you guys know about the ITV3 People's Bestseller Dagger in the Crime Thriller Awards category, dedicated to Crime writers. It’s open to public vote so thought any crime fiction fans here might be interested in supporting their favourite writers. Also, Peter James has tweeted that he will buy everyone that voted for him fish and chips to celebrate, if he wins!

There is also The A-Z of Crime Writing - part of the Specsavers Crime Thriller Season - from the 1st of September 2011 on ITV3, featuring each of the nominees. Top viewing for all Crime writing fans.

More details and info on how to vote here www.itv.com/crimethrillerawards/

Nathan
JamBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy Yeah, but....

Thanks Nathan, I've voted for Peter Robinson, a mastercraftsman, and my favourite in this particular list.

But...... how did these lucky few "nominees" get to be in the list, and by who(m) ?

It's very short, not a lot of choice and not what I would call broad.

Don't they trust us to be able to type in an author's name ? Or did they simply not want to consult the "wider public" on choosing from a very big field - or did I miss any publicity about it before now ?

Wouldn't cause much extra work, surely, the computers do all the hard work....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Not my favorite genre, but I do like fish & chips.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, chips, crime, thriller