Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
e ink is dated. Whatever comes out with Qualcomm's Mirasol display. Shall be equipping most tablets and smartphones some years from now and shall render e ink single-purpose devices irrelevant.
That's very nice, I'm sure, but in those "some years" we can all get a lot of reading done while you're sitting there waiting...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #62
ChrisBarker
ChrisBarker began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I have Kindle3 (3g) and an Advent Vega Android Tablet Running Honeycomb with the kindle reader (I also have a Sony Xperia Play Android phone that I have my books on).
ChrisBarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
[QUOTE=Harmon;1639201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post

So. Two devices only? Son, you haven't LIVED!
My favorite two devices ...

I have a DXG, Galaxy Tab, iPad, and Kindle 3. But I find myself using those two I mentioned the most. As a matter of fact, thinking in selling the DXG and Galaxy Tab now that I bought a new Android cellphone.

And yes, maybe you have lived more than me ... I believe I am younger than you.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #64
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
iPhone/iPad still waiting to pull the trigger on an eink reader. I just don't read out in the sun that much and have no problem plugging my devices in at night.

Fwiw, one doesn't need iTunes to load books to an iOS device. Kindle books whisper sync, and epub's and pdf's load from a web link.

My iPhone is for when I'm out and about and my iPad most any other time.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #65
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
In order of use: iPad / Sony PRS-700
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #66
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
[QUOTE=jocampo;1640624]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post

And yes, maybe you have lived more than me ... I believe I am younger than you.
Damn near everybody's younger than I am these days. No one is more surprised - and annoyed - by this than I. My doctor tells me I have to give up break dancing, which will significantly impact my social life, or would if I had any. But I'm married...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #67
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Kindle3 wifi. I am happy with it. The design is not exactly at the level of the screen and of the software, but it is also quite cheap and sturdy. Very easy and practical, like a VW.

iPad 2 3G. The weakest use is posting, as it is tragically one single window/process at the time. Blast them. They have always been just one tiny step from perfection, but never there actually.

I use the Kindle at home and on long trips, like now that I took almost two weeks of holidays abroad. I have not read much , but I haven't charged it yet.

During the week, at home, at work and on the train, I use the iPad heavily. I have a routine by which the charge lasts me for the whole day.

I use a lot my touch 4. It is great for reading on the train and in metro. It is so slim that I carry it in the pocket. The use of it that I prefer is with the pictures. I have a bunch of information, shopping lists, things to do, etc, organized in photos. Consulting them on the go is very easy and effective. Lately I started hand writing reminders and things to do with the pen on iPad, exporting it as a picture, mailing it to myself and using it on the touch, on the go.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #68
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
Mirasol is not backlit nor LCD. It's also crisp clear, colorful and with amazing refresh times.

I also guess right until it comes in a mass-market product, it must be insanely expensive...
Seriously?! Stop sitting around waiting for life to start! Get off the horse, get yourself a car and stop waiting for GM to produce a hovercraft!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #69
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
[QUOTE=Harmon;1640872]
Quote:

Damn near everybody's younger than I am these days. No one is more surprised - and annoyed - by this than I. My doctor tells me I have to give up break dancing, which will significantly impact my social life, or would if I had any. But I'm married...
But you have your ereaders don't you? ... and wife, of course ...

Reading if one of the biggest pleasures in life, at least for me!
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #70
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
[QUOTE=jocampo;1642109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post

But you have your ereaders don't you? ... and wife, of course ...

Reading if one of the biggest pleasures in life, at least for me!
Well, it's not fattening, at least...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #71
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
[QUOTE=Harmon;1642226]
Quote:

Well, it's not fattening, at least...
Unless you're reading and munching on snacks without a care in the world. I know I gain some weight during my reading marathons :P
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #72
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Thumbs up

10" Entourage Edge.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #73
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
I've got a PRS-650 and Nook Color. I got the NC for nighttime reading and to satisfy my tablet itch, but honestly, I've been using my PRS-650 more and more, even at night. At this point, the NC is relegated to reading outside by the campfire...
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #74
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
PRS-505/Nook Color CM7

I use the 505 for novels, though I've been using it a bit less lately, and the Nook primarily for comics and some reading. The Nook's also taken over more of my time because it's a fun gadget to mess around with.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #75
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sony 505/Xoom

I read on the 505 outdoors (generally while walking) and sometimes in doors, but use the Xoom which for most indoor ebook reading as well as for all PDF reading-it's perfect for that.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote