Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Adobe Digital Editions

I just purchased a Sony 650 & it will arrive tomorrow. In preparation for setting up the reader, I am looking @ book management on my computer (Windows 7). After numerous suggestions from members here, I downloaded Calire. Now my question, can I move my "free" library books in Adobe Digital Editions to Calibre? Thanks for any suggestions, etc.
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Yes. All you need to do is find the folder that ADE keeps the books in. Then use "Add books" in calibre to add the books from that directory.

There are a few things with ADE books to keep in mind. ADE works with Adobe's EPUB DRM. You will often use ADE to authorize your device (only needs to be done once) and the book itself. For the book itself, if it has DRM you will be given an ACSM file. That is a pointer file that tells ADE where to download the actual book from. So you will open the ACSM with ADE and let it download the book. Then have caibre import the book.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert