Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
sybarite
sybarite began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 6220c
some request , suggests , questions

1 - in book-list , need some vertical lines to separate columns , from the head-columns to end of book-list .now i cant right rocognize edge of items together , r u so? i think the light blue line will be good.
2 - in book list , when an item selected , it isnt recognizable ! exactly when a white line is selected , it's like a dark-line .isnt it? i think the light green color will good .
3 - how can i change the "book" word in edit metadata window?i have some paper about lab exercises and want to change book to LAB? if there is not ability , plz do it .
4 - in manage user categorize , I want to add e.g CCNP category , so when i add it , the "available items" , contain those items exist in tag browser , that's good but not enought , we must be able to select any item that we want , and like as search/look up time , all of books that match to this item , categorized . so we need to write or select free items .not only available items .then calibre search/look up and find all cases that match to this item .
if programming of this . is very hard , i have an idea : add saved searches in category filter , to take ability selection items between them ,
5 - about sorting ; i need composite sorting e. g titles then authors ; i understood when i have some selection the columns to sorting items respectively , the items/books sort in last-column select , then pre-last-column select and so on . is this true ?so when i need to sort books in titles then authors , i first select the authos column , then title column .

----------------------
when i have a tone of discusses , why no any bode answer to me ?
so plz answer me kindly
thanks
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
when i have a tone of discusses , why no any bode answer to me ?
I think things like this are why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
...that's good but not enought , we must be able to select any item that we want....
When you are putting your time and your code into developing calibre, you can decide what we get. While Kovid and his team are developing calibre, we can politely ask for enhancements, but we have no standing to say "we must" or "that's not enough". And when people do, other people tend to ignore them.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
5 - about sorting ; i need composite sorting e. g titles then authors ; i understood when i have some selection the columns to sorting items respectively , the items/books sort in last-column select , then pre-last-column select and so on . is this true ?
Yes. But truthfully no one needs composite sorting.
Quote:
so when i need to sort books in titles then authors , i first select the authors column , then title column .
Sort on Title column first then Author.

I use the below tweak (Preferences - Tweaks) so when calibre starts my columns are sorted the way I like.
Quote:
# Provide a set of columns to be sorted on when calibre starts # The argument is None if saved sort history is to be used
# otherwise it is a list of column,order pairs. Column is the
# lookup/search name, found using the tooltip for the column
# Order is 0 for ascending, 1 for descending
# For example, set it to [('authors',0),('title',0)] to sort by
# title within authors.
sort_columns_at_startup = ('authors',0),('series',0),('title',0)
My book list ends up with all Authors sorted. Within the Authors the Series are in order and books not in Series for a author are in alphabetical order by Title.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-10-2010 at 01:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
sybarite
sybarite began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 6220c
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Yes. But truthfully no one needs composite sorting.

Sort on Title column first then Author.

I use the below tweak (Preferences - Tweaks) so when calibre starts my columns are sorted the way I like.
My book list ends up with all Authors sorted. Within the Authors the Series are in order and books not in Series for a author are in alphabetical order by Title.
thanks a lot to sharing your knowledge and experiences
i change your code to
sort_columns_at_startup = ('authors',0),('title',0)
and thats worked right what i want.

and when i say not enough or we must , i mean they r our needs and necessity , no direction , so what way to inform them about our ideas ?
finally i sorry to my bad diction .
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
thanks a lot to sharing your knowledge and experiences
You're Welcome, glad to help.

Quote:
so what way to inform them about our ideas ?
You can submit a bug/enhancement request via the Calibre bug tracker. For info on how check out this page.

Quote:
finally i sorry to my bad diction .
Your diction is fine. Don't let my comments deter you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert