Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
sekhemty
sekhemty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
How to set the number of decimals in a custom column

I have setup a column to evaluate the approximate time required to read a given book, it is a column generated from other columns, and it is based on the word count.

This is what I have done right now:

{#hours:'divide(field('#words'), 250)'}

it works fine, except that I'd like to remove or set a limited number of decimals; having this column say that I need 15 hours makes sense, I don't really need to know that it really is 15.632643
sekhemty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhemty View Post
I have setup a column to evaluate the approximate time required to read a given book, it is a column generated from other columns, and it is based on the word count.

This is what I have done right now:

{#hours:'divide(field('#words'), 250)'}

it works fine, except that I'd like to remove or set a limited number of decimals; having this column say that I need 15 hours makes sense, I don't really need to know that it really is 15.632643
Assuming #hours is a floating point number, try setting the format in the column definition to something suitable - e.g. {:+.2f}.

Useful link ==>> Python String Format Cookbook

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Use something like
Code:
program: format_number(divide(raw_field('#words'), 250), '{:0.2f}')
with the appropriate changes for your variables and the number of decimals you want. You need to use raw_field if #words has a template that converts it into a string.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
sekhemty
sekhemty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you for the suggestions!
sekhemty is offline   Reply With Quote