Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
nada
nada began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
i need help with my EE

hi , i just bought entourage edge and i want 2 upgrade the system and am newbee at this tech stuff i dnt even knw what root means and what its for now it's version 1.1 ..i dont knw what is the lateset virsion that can work i was wondering wither it can support arabic or not .. thanxxx
nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #2
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
I've once advised one guy how to update the EE's firmware through PM. So here's the instruction that I wrote then.

Step I (optional): Do a factory reset by installing Golden Dingo.
This is an optional step recommended in cases when your system is messed up and you would like to perform a clean install. All your apps and settings will be deleted. If your unit is working well as it is and you would prefer to keep your data, then you can skip this step and go at once to step II.
1. Download e-update.golden.zip, put it in the root directory of a USB stick or SD card and rename it to update.zip
2. Turn off your device and insert your update media.
3. Hold the Rotate and Menu buttons on the LCD side and without releasing them turn on your device with the Power button. Keep holding the Rotate and Menu buttons until you see the 'Updating software' screen.
4. When the update finishes the device will restart.
Step II: Update to Ermine.
1. Download ee_update.zip.ermine-0.9.zip, put it in the root directory of a USB stick or SD card and rename it to update.zip
2. Turn off your device and insert your update media.
3. Hold the Rotate and Menu buttons on the LCD side and without releasing them turn on your device with the Power button. Keep holding the Rotate and Menu buttons until you see the 'Updating software' screen.
4. When the update finishes the device will restart.
Step III: Install the Allmine tweak package.
1. Download Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip, put it in the root directory of a USB stick or SD card and rename it to update.zip
2. Download gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip, put it in the root directory of a USB stick or SD card and rename it to gapps.zip
3. Turn off your device and insert your update media.
4. Hold the Rotate and Menu buttons on the LCD side and without releasing them turn on your device with the Power button. Keep holding the Rotate and Menu buttons until you see the 'Updating software' screen.
5. When the update finishes the device will restart.
6. Sign into your Google account when prompted.

Check twice for accuracy in naming when renaming the zip packages. If your OS is hiding extensions, make sure you don't give the files a double extension (like update.zip.zip).
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nada View Post
hi , i just bought entourage edge and i want 2 upgrade the system and am newbee at this tech stuff i dnt even knw what root means and what its for now it's version 1.1 ..i dont knw what is the lateset virsion that can work i was wondering wither it can support arabic or not .. thanxxx
To prevent future possible problems;
  • The entourage eDGe or EE is the 10.1" version, whereas,
  • The PE or Pocket eDGE is the 7" version.
The update packages are specific to the device. Using a PE package on an EE or vice versa will BRICK the device.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 08-13-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: quote
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
nada
nada began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
OMG thank you sooooooo much i will upgrade it nooooooooooow thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu am just afraid that it will brick is there is any way 2 restore it to original software if that happened ? and how ... i really dont knw what 2 say thank you again .. u r very helpful
nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nada View Post
is there is any way 2 restore it to original software
Step 1 in my previous post is what you have to do to factory reset the device.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good luck! I hope you get it working so you can enjoy!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote