Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Question Touch Screen PRS t1

This is a curiosity question... why does the touch screen on the T1 become less responsive in low light conditions? I understood the T1 uses IR.. just wondering
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Placebo effect?
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Could be lol... I am still convinced that a wall charge lasts longer than a usb charge.. in spite of knowing/accepting there can be no difference... probably the same with the touch screen....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
I think it is less effective in low lights because my finger misses the screen.. rofl... :-)
nah.. IR isn't effected by the surrounding light
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The only thing I've heard about the IR touch screens becoming sluggish/less responsive is when it's cold.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Could be lol... I am still convinced that a wall charge lasts longer than a usb charge.. in spite of knowing/accepting there can be no difference... probably the same with the touch screen....
I don't usually charge via USB (computer), I've noticed that if I charge my T1 using the power strip where my clock radio, bedside lamp, etc. are plugged in, the charge doesn't seem to last as long as if I charge it directly in the wall outlet.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
For me I think it happens when the screen needs a clean.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #8
Shaleen77
Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS 650
I've read somewhere that eink screens are susceptible to cold weather and static (airport conveyor belts)

But usually,with the screen needing a cleaning swipe, or with battery level low, or with cold weather ; the touchscreen responds sluggishly. Sometimes, if I've not fully powered-off in a long while, the touchscreen is sluggish (so I make it a point to power down fully after each 200 pages or so).

And LOL! maybe when I'm just about to nod off to sleep, my finger gets a bit sluggish too!

Shaleen
Shaleen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaleen77 View Post
I've read somewhere that eink screens are susceptible to cold weather and static (airport conveyor belts)
I never put my 650 on airport conveyor belt on it's own. It's always in my bag when it goes through the x-ray. Never had to take it out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaleen77 View Post

But usually,with the screen needing a cleaning swipe, or with battery level low, or with cold weather ; the touchscreen responds sluggishly. Sometimes, if I've not fully powered-off in a long while, the touchscreen is sluggish (so I make it a point to power down fully after each 200 pages or so).

And LOL! maybe when I'm just about to nod off to sleep, my finger gets a bit sluggish too!

Shaleen
I have learned that I need to power off and restart when the dictionary slows down, takes longer than usual to change dictionaries, or gives me a "force close" error when exiting the dictionary.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I never put my 650 on airport conveyor belt on it's own. It's always in my bag when it goes through the x-ray. Never had to take it out.
Not required in the US but I have gone through some airports that do require it such as London Heathrow (relatively recent change in past year).
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote