Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.

Device: nook Simple GlowLight
For those curious and/or anxious; Pocket killed off their old text view and have some weak checks in to prevent using the page.

However it seems I have found a work around to their oauth for the moment so I am just rewriting the plugin to use their new API today. It should offer many glorious features everyone has requested!
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #32
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

I thought I would at least offer up the glimmer of hope and show off the refactor.
It's MOSTLY done but I'm still struggling to get the proper article view out of them. I know what I need to do but food is also on the list. ;p
While I was switching to the API I was also able to sneak in all the features like changing the sort ordering and tag filtering; but it's still UNTESTED.

For the SUPER curious check out this VERY BETA WILL DESTROY ALL YOUR DATA;
https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItL...in/tree/api-v3

Hopefully I will have it all working and tested early tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #33
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

For those curious why I haven't updated the v3-API... It seems pocket /really/ doesn't want us using their text view anymore. I've tried emailing them a few times about API access with no avail even.

They are now using some layered Ajax to obsfucate access to the text view. If anyone has any insight I'd love info, otherwise I will have to reverse the whole thing this weekend; day job has been to busy to dig it out.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #34
Zenec
Zenec began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tBunnyMan View Post
For those curious why I haven't updated the v3-API... It seems pocket /really/ doesn't want us using their text view anymore. I've tried emailing them a few times about API access with no avail even.

They are now using some layered Ajax to obsfucate access to the text view. If anyone has any insight I'd love info, otherwise I will have to reverse the whole thing this weekend; day job has been to busy to dig it out.
It's really a shame that they are not providing proper access, hope you manage to find a way around it. Thanks for all the great job!
Zenec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #35
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
It's a bit shortsighted. I have a Kindle Touch and a Nexus 7. If Pocket doesn't reenable Calibre compatibility I'll have to look into other services.
Thanks, tBunnyMan!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #36
sinisa
sinisa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Indeed. I'm already looking for an alternative service.
sinisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #37
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Readability is a good alternative. They have a function to send your articles to your Kindle once a day automatically AND they have an app for android.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
huma79
huma79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Just in case this helps anyone: I've also decided to move away from Pocket since this calibre subscription recipe was the main thing I used. I have a non-kindle e-reader, and while most of the reader services seem to support sending articles to Kindle branded readers, non-kindle users are out of luck. After searching around, I've found two alternatives: Instapaper and klip.me.. I've started using the Instapaper recipe and it seems to work well, but I haven't tried the klip.me one yet.
huma79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #39
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Great News everybody!
Thanks to Mila Frerichs the plugin is fixed for the new Pocket interface! There is now a little bit of title oddity but it WORKS and even has some new features. Check it out!

https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItLater-Calibre-Plugin

Pocket v1.3 Changelog
  • Updated to the new v3 of the API
  • Switched off the old, now broken, text view
  • Added ability to switch between oldest to newest & newest to oldest
  • Added ability to filter by tag (only one because of the API)
  • Automatically filters out saved items in the queue that do not have articles (pictures and videos)
  • Big thanks to Mila Frerichs for the help with the new text view!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #40
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
When I attempt to Load Recipe From File I'm getting the following error message:

Code:
ERROR: Invalid Input

Could not create recipe. Error:
invalid syntax (, line 4)

Thanks for any help.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #41
Mennogreg
Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Kobo Aura HD
Works great for me, all articles that downloaded displayed just fine. I just deleted the text of the old recipe and copied/paste the new recipe in there.

This may be unrelated to the recipe, but is there a way to download all articles (read and unread) from pocket?

Greatly appreciate your commitment in getting this to work. Thanks!
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #42
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
When I attempt to Load Recipe From File I'm getting the following error message:

Code:
ERROR: Invalid Input

Could not create recipe. Error:
invalid syntax (, line 4)

Thanks for any help.
I haven't been able to replicate. Can I get more details? (Version, OS, Python ver, ect) Also try to gram a fresh Pocket.Recipe from the site.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #43
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennogreg View Post
Works great for me, all articles that downloaded displayed just fine. I just deleted the text of the old recipe and copied/paste the new recipe in there.

This may be unrelated to the recipe, but is there a way to download all articles (read and unread) from pocket?

Greatly appreciate your commitment in getting this to work. Thanks!
This recipe should make a book out of everything read and unread in your pocket.... assuming something doesn't run out of memory or timeout first
http://hastebin.com/rajiyajosi
Old 04-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #44
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I got it to work. For some reason "Load Recipe From File" is/was importing the raw code hence the error. I copied and pasted and it works.

Thanks for the update!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #45
Mennogreg
Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mennogreg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tBunnyMan View Post
This recipe should make a book out of everything read and unread in your pocket.... assuming something doesn't run out of memory or timeout first
http://hastebin.com/rajiyajosi
Thanks! However, clicking the link shows a blank page. Maybe there's an option I'm not seeing?
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, read it later, recipe