Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Pompeii or Herculaneum

Anyone know of any Pompeii or Herculaneum historical fiction?

Thanks.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Anyone know of any Pompeii or Herculaneum historical fiction?.
Old classic: 'The Last Days of Pompeii', by Edward Bulwer-Lytton. Right here in the library.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Pompeii" by Robert Harris. Superb novel.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I second that. I read it a few weeks ago. A great read.

I'm surprised they haven't made a film of it. It has all the ingredients of a classic disaster movie.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I second that. I read it a few weeks ago. A great read.

I'm surprised they haven't made a film of it. It has all the ingredients of a classic disaster movie.

Mike
Watched the tv programme about Pompeii last night and the graphics were really good. Did you catch it?

I visited Pompeii and Herculaneum in the summer of 2010 and was absolutely brilliant. I preferred the smaller town of Herculaneum to Pompeii but still eye-opening.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Watched the tv programme about Pompeii last night and the graphics were really good. Did you catch it?
Yes, excellent. Probably inspired by the new "Pompeii and Herculaneum" exhibition at the British Museum (which I'm going to next Friday).
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
stop__dreaming
Addict

Quote:
Yes, excellent. Probably inspired by the new "Pompeii and Herculaneum" exhibition at the British Museum (which I'm going to next Friday).
Awesome. I am in London in July; might pop in and have a look, although I've actually seen it all in Italy.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Awesome. I am in London in July; might pop in and have a look, although I've actually seen it all in Italy.
Me too, but British Museum exhibitions are always wonderful. They had a fabulous "Shakespeare" exhibition on last autumn. The books which accompany the exhibitions are great, too.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Absolutely loved this book. Very highly recommended.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
stop__dreaming
Addict

Thanks for the Robert Harris recommendation. Will check this one out!