Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #76
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
But we want to translate the way the shortcuts are displayed (Ctrl = Srtg in German, Shift = Mayús in Spanish)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #77
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You're right. Just before doing an update I realized that changing the characters might mean they won't work. So not sure how to address this if at all.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #78
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't you regex the (untranslated) shortcut string before displaying? That way we would only need to provide translations for the key names.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #79
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi meme,

Thanks for updating the template. We did an update in Transiflex and in addition the new member penZig did a lot improvements and corrections in the actual translation.

I have 4 translation strings in the FindReplace section that are not working. I can make a translation but 2 of them won't be updated by upload and two have a problem with parameter for Singular / Plural translation strings.

Is it possible to take a look on that? Please take a look on attached the pictures.

The first two are:
"Search wrapped around" and "No replacement found". In linguist window for Sources and Forms is a message "File ... not readable"

The last two are:
"%1 matches found" in source code "QString message = tr("%1 matches found", 0, count);"
and
"%1 replacements made" in source code "QString message = tr("%1 replacements made", 0, count);"
I am using the source code from version 0.6.2 and the actual ts file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	97962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen2.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	97963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen3.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	97964  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #80
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Ah... those damned strings

The first two, I can translate in Spanish, but they always appear as untranslated in the next update, so they probably are not working somehow.

The other two (with plural forms) cannot be done, as far as I know, with QTlinguist. You have to edit the file with a text editor and fill the <numerusform> or whatever is called. Download the file for a language with 100% done and copy the syntax.
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #81
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jellby,
Thanks for your answer. I made a file compare with your translation. By doing this I recognize, the first two items have no link to a file and line number. It seems there are not in use.
The other two have the same structure as your strings but there are showing up with a yellow check in linguist. When I try to edit the entry the sign switch to a red "!" and I become a warning "! Translation does not contain the necessary %n place marker." This seems (?) to be an error in Linguist.

On another place (IndexEditor) I have another example "Added %n entries.". This one works well. The difference seems to be the used place marker "%n" and "%1" in source code and translation string.

Last edited by Divingduck; 12-20-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #82
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Yes, the first two aren't used anymore but are still in the ts file for some reason. And the other two look like the code needs to be fixed. Should be simple to fix, thanks.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #83
Divingduck
Wizard

You are wellcome and thanks for your answer
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
rferran
rferran began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
Hello,

I'm working in catalan translation of Sigil and I'm in doubt. How can I test my translation? Must I build Sigil from source or there is a way for testing "on the fly"?

Thanks
rferran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #85
Divingduck
Wizard

No, you can use QT Linguist to make your translation and generate the a new language file. The new file copy to Sigils directory

It seems the link for the desktop tool is missing in Sigil Wiki. You can download it from here: QT-Linguist
Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #86
rferran

Hi,
I've found where to place the .qm file released by Qt-Linguist: /usr/share/sigil/translations (I'm a GNU/Linux user, I don't know the correct path for translations on Mac or Win...). Anyway, it works! Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #87
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

In the English texts there's the string "Occitan/Provençal- Old (to 1500)", which looks like an encoding problem (it looks like that both in linguist and in transifex).

EDIT: There's also "mémoire", there may be others...

Last edited by Jellby; 02-09-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #88
rferran

Catalan translation

Hello!

I've finished the catalan translation of Sigil. Well, there are the famous 4 obsolete strings related to numerusform tags witch remain unstranslated unless a plain text editor is used for do a tricky translation. I leave them untouched; 99% is enought for me.

However, I have two more questions: the language code and the dictionaries:

I think that «ca_ES» isn't the right code for catalan. (Well, the most speakers of catalan are in Spain, but there are also speakers in Andorra and a few ones in France and Italy.) I think the right code is «ca» (only two letters) indicating catalan on any country. When I change the name of file "sigil_ca_ES.ts" to "sigil_ca.ts", Sigil recognises correctly the code as catalan language. Maybe this only happens on GNU/Linux, I don't know what happens on Mac and on Win...

About de dictionaries, the files "ca.aff", "ca.dic" and "hyph_ca.dic" are under the GPL license and are accessible from a few different sites (LibreOffice, SoftCatala, Hunspell witch redirects to Apache OpenOffice...) and, of course, I have a copy in my computer. Where must I send the complete links or the zipped files in order to include the catalan dictionary with the Sigil releases? Do we need something more like info about licenses and authors?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by rferran; 02-16-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #89
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rferran View Post
I've finished the catalan translation of Sigil. Well, there are the famous 4 obsolete strings related to numerusform tags witch remain unstranslated unless a plain text editor is used for do a tricky translation. I leave them untouched; 99% is enought for me.
That's good enough for most people I'm sure.

Quote:
I think that «ca_ES» isn't the right code for catalan. (Well, the most speakers of catalan are in Spain, but there are also speakers in Andorra and a few ones in France and Italy.) I think the right code is «ca» (only two letters) indicating catalan on any country. When I change the name of file "sigil_ca_ES.ts" to "sigil_ca.ts", Sigil recognises correctly the code as catalan language. Maybe this only happens on GNU/Linux, I don't know what happens on Mac and on Win...
I've changed it to only use the two letter code.

Quote:
About de dictionaries, the files "ca.aff", "ca.dic" and "hyph_ca.dic"...
Due to the number of languages only the most commonly used languages have dictionaries distributed with Sigil. Users need to provide their own dictionaries for other languages.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #90
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
John
What about including a 'Get other Free Dictionaries" Links to some of those sources, on the dictionary Preference page?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote