Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Fatal
Fatal began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Calibre connected with iphone but...

Hi friends,

i got some problems with the interaction between calibre and iphone.
Calibre shows that the iphone is connected (shows the name of the iphone in the lower left side) but
1. i cant save the ebooks who are on the iphone on my harddisk
i can select the folder where i wanna put the ebooks in but after selecting the folder, i get the following error message:

calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: Das ist nicht gestattet: Sie versuchen, Dateien in die Calibre-Bibliothek zu speichern. Dies kann eine Datenkorruption der Bibliothek verursachen. 'Auf Festplatte speichern' ist für das Exportieren von Dateien außerhalb der Calibre-Bibliothek vorgesehen.

the other problem is:
2. i cant import the ebooks in the libary although the iphone is connected and registrated..

I hope you can understand what i am trying to say

greetings

Fatal
Fatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you read the following sticky:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559 ?
It covers how you should use Calibre in conjunction with all Apple iDevices.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Fatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Have you read the following sticky:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559 ?
It covers how you should use Calibre in conjunction with all Apple iDevices.
Yes ive tried to do this but i think my english isnt that good and i misunderstand some things...

Well doesnt matter... i will try again to get my ebooks back on pc from my iphone (cause that is the problem: ive deleted them from harddisk for mistake and now they are only on the iphone )

Thanks for the post .. wish you a nice sunday

Fatal
Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.

Two notes: First, there's a german ebook software subforum, although I believe I'm the only Calibre guy hanging around there. Second, if you post what sections of the guide itimpi linked to you're having trouble with, I'll try to help- I'm somewhat fluent in english and a native german speaker.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Fatal

Sorry, mea culpa.

I will close this and will reopen it in the german subforum. Thanks for replying.

Fatal
Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Uhm, you can, of course, continue the discussion here. I was merely offering a few options to help you, since you mentioned your english wasn't as good.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
Fatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Uhm, you can, of course, continue the discussion here. I was merely offering a few options to help you, since you mentioned your english wasn't as good.
No Problem Manichean, youre right. It's really better to post it to the german subforum, cause there it's easier for me to explain what problems i got...

Thanks a lot