Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-06-2023, 11:06 PM   #1
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Koreader on Nook Glowlight 4 plus

I got Koreader running on the Glowlight 4 Plus and it was a relatively painless process. I have found two issues however.

One, Koreader is unable to adjust the front light. Not a big issue for me but it is there.

Secondly, and of more concern for me, the page turn buttons don't work. The top one does nothing. The bottom opens Koreaders menus.

Any suggestions on a fix or is there a better place to ask for help? Should I open an issue on Github and if so what sort of information should I provide?

Otherwise, Koreader really looks good on the Nook.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 10:18 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yup.

Lights won't work until somebody submits a patch.

Keys are incompatible with AOSP. You need to remap them. Have a look at the wiki in github: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...customize-keys

Last edited by pazos; 09-07-2023 at 10:21 AM. Reason: link
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2023, 08:49 PM   #3
jansipi
jansipi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I'm having a hard time getting the Root to work so that i can remap the keys. (Im new to this process). Anyone that could help would be really appreciated.

I am using a MAC and using these steps but get stuck on step 11. I get the error adb command not found.

Also, is it possible to remap how KOReader recognizes the keys being pressed so that root is not necessary?

I even have tried using the Key Mapper app, but the problem with that is KOReader still recognizes the bottom right button as open the menu.

If i could even get KOReader to stop opening the menu with that button, im fine using Key Mapper.

Last edited by jansipi; 09-07-2023 at 08:53 PM.
jansipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:37 PM   #4
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jansipi View Post
I
If i could even get KOReader to stop opening the menu with that button, im fine using Key Mapper.
No need for root if all you're looking for is to get the page turn buttons to work in Koreader. Take a look at pazos's link in his post above.

You're basically creating a file called event_map.lua in the koreader/settings folder on the device. I had to create the file on my pc and I edited it in Notepad ++. Cutting and pasting the example on pazos's link into the event_map.lua file worked a treat. I copied the file to the nook, rebooted it just to be sure, and the buttons work just fine.

You can log the key events with adb if you need to. I did and the key events matched in the example so the cut and paste worked for me. I would think that key mapping would be consistent for all Glolight 4 Pluses.

Many thanks to pazos for his help.

But I do have a follow up question. Will this event_map.lua file survive a Koreader update?
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:31 AM   #5
jansipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
No need for root if all you're looking for is to get the page turn buttons to work in Koreader. Take a look at pazos's link in his post above.

You're basically creating a file called event_map.lua in the koreader/settings folder on the device. I had to create the file on my pc and I edited it in Notepad ++. Cutting and pasting the example on pazos's link into the event_map.lua file worked a treat. I copied the file to the nook, rebooted it just to be sure, and the buttons work just fine.

You can log the key events with adb if you need to. I did and the key events matched in the example so the cut and paste worked for me. I would think that key mapping would be consistent for all Glolight 4 Pluses.
THank you for responding!

I finally figured out how to do the event lua file. i used the example from above and now the right buttons are work, but KOReader is not recognizing the left at all. even during key events, it is not recognizing the left. (other apps are recognizing them)

Also, you have a glowlight 4 plus? thats the device i am using.
Advert
Old 09-08-2023, 12:38 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
Will this event_map.lua file survive a Koreader update?
Yes it will.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #7
jansipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansipi View Post
THank you for responding!

I finally figured out how to do the event lua file. i used the example from above and now the right buttons are work, but KOReader is not recognizing the left at all. even during key events, it is not recognizing the left. (other apps are recognizing them)

Also, you have a glowlight 4 plus? thats the device i am using.

UPDATE:

I got it working! I ended up factory resetting the nook and downloading a fresh copy of koreader. Now the all the buttons work with the event Lua file and the example above matched my keys as well.

Thank you!