Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #46
kadbr0
kadbr0 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Extensions problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viacheslav View Post
Try removing both schemas and installing them again. That must regenerate the ini file.
Hi Viacheslav,
have tried your recommendation, using the scripts supplies to remove extensions. However, this didn't bring back the XOJ extension. The problem seems to be deeper. I have also tried to copy an old dr1000.ini file to my device, but even that didn't bring back the situation i then had. Do your install files do more than adding items to the ini file?
Can i get my DR1000 back to its very original state and install all software again?
kadbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #47
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadbr0 View Post
Hi Viacheslav,
have tried your recommendation, using the scripts supplies to remove extensions. However, this didn't bring back the XOJ extension. The problem seems to be deeper. I have also tried to copy an old dr1000.ini file to my device, but even that didn't bring back the situation i then had. Do your install files do more than adding items to the ini file?
Can i get my DR1000 back to its very original state and install all software again?
They copy custom schema files to /etc/gconf/... (See the contents of the archives). Gconf (analogous to Windows registry) reads these XML settings files and writes the dr1000.ini on your card. However there seems to exist some kind of a race condition between schemas and ini. I noticed this quirk with adding many custom schema files but everything works well for me after reinstallation of the affected extesion packages.

Some tips:
- Do not remove the SD card while DR boots after installation.
- If you have multiple SD cards, you could try to copy the ini if it does not get updated automatically.
- If you want to reset the system to the 100% virgin state, follow the irex instructions for firmware upgrade/reflashing from SD card.

BTW. I never use any companion software, so I cannot tell if it could spoil some settings for you.

Last edited by Viacheslav; 11-15-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #48
kadbr0
kadbr0 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Viacheslav,
thx for your prompt response. I have not yet gone for the total reflash since that probably entails some other work as well to get everything going again.
What i did notice is that i do not get rid of the FBReader file associations, not after running the de-install script nor after copying a virgin dr1000.ini file. Something stuck in that gconf file then?
kadbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #49
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadbr0 View Post
Viacheslav,
thx for your prompt response. I have not yet gone for the total reflash since that probably entails some other work as well to get everything going again.
What i did notice is that i do not get rid of the FBReader file associations, not after running the de-install script nor after copying a virgin dr1000.ini file. Something stuck in that gconf file then?
As far as I know there are just 2 places for the file association storage:
1) /etc/gconf/schemas
2) dr1000.ini (One at each of your SD cards)
+ there is some mechanism for syncronization.

When you de-install schemas, they should be physically removed from the flash (unless there is a bug, which I do not observe). If you want to be sure, remove SD card immediately after running the de-install script and restore the ini from a PC at EACH SD card. And do not run (deinstall?) any companion software that might automatically do something with DR, when you attach it to the PC.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #50
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I feel a little bit dumb for asking this, but how do you remove books from the library? And also, how do you configure FBReader so that it won't try to open the previous book on startup?

Kind regards
Seref

Ps: it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to navigate in CHM files
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #51
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
FBreader 0.12.2 in DR800S: missing libcurl

I've tried this version of FBreader in DR800S but I can't start because of a missing libcurl. Does DR1000 include it in base system?
Iņigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #52
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Did you use the 0.10.2 or did you build the 0.12.2 yourself?
I got .10.2 running in the DR800 emulator, let me check my notes at home and come back to this.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #53
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Did you use the 0.10.2 or did you build the 0.12.2 yourself?
I got .10.2 running in the DR800 emulator, let me check my notes at home and come back to this.
Sorry, I mixed versions; what I tried was 0.10.2 packed by Adam in this thread. Couldn't find libcurl.so.4. I've looked into the DR800 building env and it has libcurl.so.5. Copying it as libcurl.so.4 in FBReader lib dir didn't work either.

I also tried to compile 0.12.7 (last release) myself. In fact compiling was ok, after compiling and installing liblinebreak and libfribidi, but not linking.
It failed with lots of error messages regarding not found libc++ std functions. I've played with ld -L and -rpath flags some hours, but no luck by now.

Thanks,
Iņigo
Old 03-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #54
Iņigo
Guru

FBReader 0.12.7 in DR800S working, but some work to be done

Well, I've achieved to make FBReader 0.12.7 work on DR800S.
There are some issues yet, such as the optimal default configuration, keystrokes, the toolbar options, etc.

I'm noting is quite slow as well, so maybe it would be better to try the old 0.10.x branch.
EDIT: confirmed, 0.10.x is very fast

Kind regards,
Iņigo

PS: excuse me for the bad quality of the image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00017-20100310-1951.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	47674  

Last edited by Iņigo; 03-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #55
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
*delete*

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 03-11-2010 at 02:27 PM.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #56
yolle
yolle began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000
I thought I would post my message here:
I have a some medical books in chm format and cannot get them to open in fbreader on DR 1000S. The file sizes are rather large - 100 to 150 Mb. When I want to select them in fbreader nothing happens. I can open some of the books, but just a few.
Does anyone have the same problem? Has anyone found the solution? Is size the problem? I have tried to convert them to various format using different programs including Calibre but the conversion failed.
Thanks!
yolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #57
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
This is the most recent version of FBReader compiled for the DR1000. The most notable changes since the previous version are improvements to ePub and Mobipocket support along with CSS support for ePub. You can view the full change log at fbreader.org.

If you previously have FBReader installed on your DR1000, delete the _fbreader folder in the Programs directory before copying this over.

If you do not have FBReader installed, you'll need to simply copy the Programs folder to the root of your SD card. You can then browse to Programs on your DR1000, and launch FBReader from there.

I also recommend downloading the updated contentbrowser, so that you can launch books directly from the contentbrowser without having to use FBReader library function.
To Adama B.

Is it possible to use your 'FBReader .10.2 for the DR1000 Release' on Irex DR800S? I tried it but when I click on icon in Programs folder I only get an information that ' FBreader is allready opened' - which is not - 'and you should first close it and then click open'. As I am not much of an expert, it is possible that I have done something wrong by coping your unziped file in a file made and named Programs which I copied in System-file of my DR800S.
My prime interest is to be able to read non DRM Mobypocket books (I have a nice collection of them) on my new ebook reader.
Many thanks for your answer.
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #58
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Iņigo already made a port for the DR800, see here for more information.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #59
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Iņigo already made a port for the DR800, see here for more information.
Thanks for your suggestions, Mackx. I tried but with the same result, getting the same information: ' FBreader is allready opened' - which is not - 'and you should first close it and then click open' when I click on the icon.

Is it possible that I am doing everything on the wrong place? Can you help me? On the SD card of my DR800S I make a map with the name 'Programs' and unziped inside both base-dr-v1 and FBReader-0.10.7-dr-vr4.

Many thanks for your answer
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #60
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter822 View Post
Thanks for your suggestions, Mackx. I tried but with the same result, getting the same information: ' FBreader is allready opened' - which is not - 'and you should first close it and then click open' when I click on the icon.

Is it possible that I am doing everything on the wrong place? Can you help me? On the SD card of my DR800S I make a map with the name 'Programs' and unziped inside both base-dr-v1 and FBReader-0.10.7-dr-vr4.

Many thanks for your answer
Could you check https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=70 and check, please?

Also, in order to keep threads on topic, if you have problems with that version please comment there.

Tags
fbreader, software