Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
1st Gen Fire questions

My Refurb from Best Buy FINALLY arrived!

And I was able to side load Aldiko and at least one test book from Smashwords with no problems. It was MUCH easier than I thought it would be.

However, I would like a reader app that auto scrolls, and Moon+ Reader Pro doesn't seem available anywhere but on Google Play which, of course, doesn't support Kindle. And equally, of course, the Kindle store claims is incompatible with the 1st gen Fire. (Maybe it is, I don't know).

Does anyone know of a 3rd party source for the Moon+ Reader Pro? If not, can anyone recommend a good epub reader that will work on the 1st gen Fire, that will auto scroll?

Also, is it safe to assume that true 2 way syncing of Google Calendar is impossible with 1st gen Fire? I've found apps that will copy Google calendar data and insert into THEIR calendar app, but nothing that can update Gcal from the 1st gen Fire. I'm assuming the older Android OS on the 1st gen Fire is the reason for no 2 way syncing.

Thanks in advance. . .
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Does anyone know of a 3rd party source for the Moon+ Reader Pro?
Amazon has it, are they blocking from the Fire in their own store or something???
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TN7QPG

Also available from AndroidPit...
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oon-Reader-Pro
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Amazon has it, are they blocking from the Fire in their own store or something???
Yep; they're blocking it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Also available from AndroidPit...
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oon-Reader-Pro
Thanks for the AndroidPit link!

I'm a little disappointed in just HOW MUCH lockdown Amazon has imposed on the Fire. I knew they wanted to steer sales their way, and I'm fine with that, but to block things like google apps that they don't offer equivalents of seems shortsighted to me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote