Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2018, 02:27 AM   #1951
fmica
fmica began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I've been working on setting up my serial jailbreak for the first time on a PW3 with 5.9.2.0.1 and am having trouble installing KUAL. I have already run the jb.sh script, copied over the mrpi files to the base directory, then copied Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.11_install.bin to the mrpackages directory.

My issue is that I can't get the ;run mrpi command to work. I've been searching for a while now and can't find what could be causing this. Can someone who knows more about Kindles help me out?
fmica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:19 AM   #1952
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Obviously, you've forgotten to install the hotfix ("nomax" version). The ;log mrpi command is not part of MRPI itself, but of /mnt/us/mkk/dispatch.sh - i.e. the hotfix package...

And, BTW, the correct search bar command is ";log mrpi", not ";run mrpi" ...

Last edited by Antinoos; 08-25-2018 at 04:30 AM.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #1953
fmica
fmica began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
Obviously, you've forgotten to install the hotfix ("nomax" version). The ;log mrpi command is not part of MRPI itself, but of /mnt/us/mkk/dispatch.sh - i.e. the hotfix package...

And, BTW, the correct search bar command is ";log mrpi", not ";run mrpi" ...
It worked! I've been bouncing between so many guides and didn't realize I needed the hotfix. Thanks!
fmica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #1954
Kaan88
Kaan88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3
Any progress on removing the kual entry?
Kaan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:43 AM   #1955
valdan71
valdan71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've updated the firmware on my Paperwhite to 5.10.1.1. Now, when I click the Kual icon, "Kual" name appears in the top left corner (like the book is open) but no menu pops up. Reinstalled with ";log mrpi", same rezult. Any help?

Last edited by valdan71; 10-25-2018 at 05:11 AM.
valdan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #1956
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@valdan71: reinstalled what, exactly? You'll either need to reinstall the KUAL Booklet, and if that still fails, @coplate's patched version as detailed in the relevant FAQ entry in the first post.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #1957
mimihuhu
mimihuhu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Minor issue with version display in KUAL

Does anyone have problem with version display in KUAL home screen?
I am using PW 1st generation. I downloaded the newest version of KUAL from link below, and I copied KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 into document folder. The version of KUAL should be v2.7.12-g9623dd8-20181108, however, it is shown as 2.7.2 in the home screen of KUAL. Seems like this issue was there for more than 1 year.
http://cloud.ak-team.com/
Did I miss some step like refresh buffer?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2018_11_19T10_16_40+1000.png
Views:	291
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	167809  
mimihuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #1958
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimihuhu View Post
I am using PW 1st generation. I downloaded the newest version of KUAL from link below, and I copied KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 into document folder. The version of KUAL should be v2.7.12-g9623dd8-20181108, however, it is shown as 2.7.2 in the home screen of KUAL. Seems like this issue was there for more than 1 year.
Thanks
Install the version of KUAL released in NiLuJe's snapshot thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

And then report back if the problem continues to exist.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #1959
mimihuhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Install the version of KUAL released in NiLuJe's snapshot thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

And then report back if the problem continues to exist.
Exactly same version. Same issue.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #1960
mimihuhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimihuhu View Post
Thanks
Just have more tests.
What I did in the past was simply copying KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 into document folder in Kindle, and I never ran Update_KUALBooklet_<version>_install.bin. When a new version of KUAL was released, I replaced KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 with new version, and the version number was never updated.
I have just ran Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.12_install.bin, and the version number is displayed correctly now. Strange thing is the README file doesn't ask me to do so for PW.
I deleted KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from document folder, and copied it again into this folder, and the version number was correct.
So, I think the problem can be summaries as, the version number would not be updated if replacing KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 without running Update_KUALBooklet_<version>_install.bin.
Thanks.

Last edited by mimihuhu; 11-18-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #1961
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mimihuhu: Either you were checking out an old Booklet version while having just updated the Kindlet version, or vice-versa.

As far as the Kindlet version is concerned, it may require a framework restart to actually cause it to be properly reloaded. Something which is inherently part of the MRPI (or UYK, since that's a full restart) process, hence things working properly after installing the Booklet version. (Which, incidentally, also fixes the potential Booklet/Kindlet version mismatch ).
Old 11-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #1962
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Why in the world are you trying to run BOTH the document version and the booklet version of KUAL on a PW1?
The PW1 does not run recent enough firmware to require the booklet version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #1963
mimihuhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mimihuhu: Either you were checking out an old Booklet version while having just updated the Kindlet version, or vice-versa.

As far as the Kindlet version is concerned, it may require a framework restart to actually cause it to be properly reloaded. Something which is inherently part of the MRPI (or UYK, since that's a full restart) process, hence things working properly after installing the Booklet version. (Which, incidentally, also fixes the potential Booklet/Kindlet version mismatch ).
Hi NiLuJe, thank you so much for your quick reply. However, I think restart framework won't refresh the version number. I noticed the version number never got updated in the past year, though I replaced KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from one version to another. The framework should restarted several times in the fast year, since installing other programs (like python) would restart the framework. My kindle was running out of battery, and the framework should had a full restarted after recharge. I never got version number fixed in the past year until running Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.12_install.bin just now. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #1964
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mimihuhu: Then you had two copies of the AZW2, and ended up always launching the old one. (There was a filename change at one point).

(The code is literally the same, which makes this a PEBCAK by design).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-18-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:46 AM   #1965
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Installed KUAL-v2.7.12-g9623dd8-20181108.tar.xz on my PW4 via the `;log mrpi` method.

That left a KUAL doc in my book menu. Trying to open it just gives white screen with top bar.

I also installed the screensavers hack + python, and that seems to work fine (can see the success screen on going into screensaver), but it's hard to configure that without KUAL.

https://i.imgur.com/9SyVT3C.png
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified