Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
jen0219
jen0219 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PC
Exporting highlights from Kindle PC Software

Hello -

I have the Kindle PC software and have been reading a book through it for work. I was given the book file and didn't download it through Amazon. I've made numerous highlights in it that I need to compile. Is there a way to export these? I logged in to my Amazon account but the only highlights there are from books I've purchased. I also have the Kindle iPhone app, but was never successful in getting the book on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jen0219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Unfortunately there is no way to export these.
Sony reader for Pc can do that, but it may be too late...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0219 View Post
Hello -

I have the Kindle PC software and have been reading a book through it for work. I was given the book file and didn't download it through Amazon. I've made numerous highlights in it that I need to compile. Is there a way to export these? I logged in to my Amazon account but the only highlights there are from books I've purchased. I also have the Kindle iPhone app, but was never successful in getting the book on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I wonder if you emailed the book to your kindle account if it would keep the highlights and have them show up? If not, I guess you could always show the highlights in KforPC and copy and past them into a .doc file or something.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Try loggin in at Kindle.Amazon.com and selecting Your Highlights. I'm not a highlighter so I can't say I've tried it.

Here's how it's done on a Mac so I suspect there is something similar on a PC. http://thedesignspace.net/MT2archive...l#.UEOIZ72MWiE

L
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote