Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #106
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mentor Lite 2 has Adobe Digital Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
So that is the Mentor Lite 2. Ahhhh, now I am intrigued! One more question for you. Do you have to use a synching software, or can I just drop books onto a SDHC card, and then my mom pop it in? And, are both the black and white the Mentor Lite 2?
And yes, you are VERY correct with the weight issue. I would not consider any reader over a 6" screen for mom. It would kill her hands. She can't even read a hard back book for that reason. So glad you have an older mom to give you input. They need simple. So many companies are getting more and more complicated.
Does the Mentor Lite 2 do library books? Our library does Adobe DE pdfs?
Just out of curiosity, how long will it be at that price? Got to get all the brothers and sisters together on this, may take a few days.
OK, so it was more than One more question! Sorry!
Thanks for your answers everyone!
S
Dear Silverraven:

Yes, the Mentor Lite 2 supports SD or SDHC to 8GB. It is a cinch to download onto the card.

It has Adobe Digital Editions which provides automatic reflow of pdf. Yes, it will do library eBooks in EPUB or pdf. Go to: www.astak.com to purchase.

Walter tells me it will stay at $239 at least thru Christmas. Not sure but there may be a rebate involved. Anyway, final price is $239. He handles the pricing for Astak.

You will need to download the free Adobe Digital Editions onto your computer but that is fast and easy. We can walk you through it if you call 1-866-368-8788; but it really is very simple.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #107
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Is the Mentor Lite 2 available internationally like the EZ Reader series, or just limited to the US and Canada?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #108
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Good question, Solicitous. I'd like to know that as well.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #109
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Good question, Solicitous. I'd like to know that as well.
Have you taken the plunge on your ereader yet Laura?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #110
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Have you taken the plunge on your ereader yet Laura?
I'm going to get a pocket pro but it's actually a gift for christmas so I have to wait... which is killing me! LOL!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #111
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Show me the Mentor Lite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Silverraven:

Yes, the Mentor Lite 2 supports SD or SDHC to 8GB. It is a cinch to download onto the card.

It has Adobe Digital Editions which provides automatic reflow of pdf. Yes, it will do library eBooks in EPUB or pdf. Go to: www.astak.com to purchase.

Walter tells me it will stay at $239 at least thru Christmas. Not sure but there may be a rebate involved. Anyway, final price is $239. He handles the pricing for Astak.

You will need to download the free Adobe Digital Editions onto your computer but that is fast and easy. We can walk you through it if you call 1-866-368-8788; but it really is very simple.
Hi Robert,

As pointed out by a few people here, the www.astak.com site only shows a product link to what would appear to be the original Mentor, and not the new Mentor Lite version 2. The two product links on the astak site are:

http://www.astak.com/product.asp?serial=EB-EB600WHT
and http://www.astak.com/product.asp?serial=EB-EB600BLK

which are both retailing for $239 at the moment. The product description says that these can only display 4 levels of grey, and can take up to 4GB SD cards.

Since I am keen to purchase the new Mentor Lite, and I believe others might be as well, would you please mind clarifying whether:

1.) The product links above are in fact for the Mentor Lite or the original Mentor? (i.e. if I order one from astak.com, would it have the new Epson controller, 8 levels of grey, and support for 8GB SDHC cards)

2.) Could astak website be updated to correctly name these products and list the new features, so there is no confusion for someone wanting to order one.

As you have been extremely responsive to any queries posted in these forums in the past, I am looking forward to a quick response from you clarifying these points.

Cheers.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #112
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe all Netronix devices are updated at this point and the site just hasn't been updated to match. Neither has the Netronix site but the new version is what you should get. At least that is my understanding.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #113
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe all Netronix devices are updated at this point and the site just hasn't been updated to match. Neither has the Netronix site but the new version is what you should get. At least that is my understanding.
Still, I wouldn't mind getting a more "official" response from Robert confirming this before I order one.

By the way, has anyone actually ordered and/or received the new Mentor Lite? I would love to read some opinions/reviews about it.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #114
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Still, I wouldn't mind getting a more "official" response from Robert confirming this before I order one.

By the way, has anyone actually ordered and/or received the new Mentor Lite? I would love to read some opinions/reviews about it.
Me too, me too!

Also, what are the chances of getting a cool cover with the full screen light like Sony has available? If I get one I will use it almost exclusively for night reading in bed. That would be perfect for me.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote