Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 04:36 AM   #1
duskwind
duskwind began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to sync Pocketbook eReader with Pocketbook Android App

I just got a new Pocketbook Touch Lux 4. I bought it, because I read in several places that it's possible to sync books and reading status with the Pocketbook Android App.

Preferably I would like to sync via Dropbox, because I mainly need synchronisation of epubs downloaded from fanfiction sites.

I connected the Android App to Dropbox and I connected the Touch Lux 4 with Dropbox. I don't understand how they are supposed to sync, because there are two different folders in my Dropbox. The Touch Lux created a 'Dropbox PocketBook' folder and the Android App created a 'PocketBook e-reader' folder.

I would consider using Pocketbook Cloud if Dropbox is not possible. I have an account already and login via Android works, but there is no option to login to the cloud on my Touch Lux 4, even though it's mentioned in the user manual.

When I open Settings, Accounts & Synchronisation I only see Send-to-PocketBook, Dropbox, ReadRate and Adobe DRM. There was no notification message either. The software is the latest version.

Any ideas?
duskwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
For the cloud you have to write a mail with the serial number to the PB support.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwind View Post
I connected the Android App to Dropbox and I connected the Touch Lux 4 with Dropbox. I don't understand how they are supposed to sync, because there are two different folders in my Dropbox. The Touch Lux created a 'Dropbox PocketBook' folder and the Android App created a 'PocketBook e-reader' folder.
The "Apps/Dropbox Pocketbook" folder is the folder that syncs. Put there the files that you want synced to your Pocketbook device. If you want to sync everything, move everything into that folder.

Last edited by mobama; 09-03-2018 at 06:28 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
duskwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
The "Apps/Dropbox Pocketbook" folder is the folder that syncs. Put there the files that you want synced to your Pocketbook device. If you want to sync everything, move everything into that folder.
I can move books into that folder and it syncs them with the Touch Lux 4, but not with the Android App... That's what I need.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Doesn't work well as soon as you have more than a few hundreds Mo of books. Or did I miss something?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Had Ouken
Had Ouken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwind View Post
I can move books into that folder and it syncs them with the Touch Lux 4, but not with the Android App... That's what I need.
Am having the same issue.
Were you able to sync the App?
Had Ouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #7
duskwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had Ouken View Post
Am having the same issue.
Were you able to sync the App?

No it doesn't work. You can sync between two Pocketbook readers or you can sync between two Android apps. They just use separat folders within Dropbox.

That makes the feature mostly useless... I guess they want to force people to use Pocketbook sync instead.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #8
selmerry
selmerry began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3 (632)
New user here. This is how I managed to keep things synced. Emailed support with the serial number to get pocketbook sync appear under settings. Logged in Android app and reader into the same bookland account (aka pocketbook account). Used Dropbox to drop files into the reader. Long press and upload the ones I want to upload to pocketbook cloud, and upload them manually (no, cannot be done in batches). Sync the Android app, download the ones I want on the phone. Now read progress syncs perfectly. However, highlights and notes will only sync between phone and the web app (or at least that's what I found out. If I'm doing something wrong someone let me know). Oh also the Dropbox sync folder is *actually* a SYNC folder. So deletions and new files will be reflected. So do feel free to sync mp3s and audiobooks, too
selmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #9
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Interesting. My new Pocketbook is branded "Vivlio". Do you think there's a way to get the sync to work on it?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #10
Alephy
Alephy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello,

sync it with pocketbook cloud on the android app pocketbook and only use dropbox connection to upload book you send to it.

Personally I use :

- Calibre with opds configurated
- copy the book to the dropbox application folder "Dropbox Pocketbook"
- or add calibre opds to the app android with virtuali library option and sync with pocketbook cloud (progression and book)

- send book to mail with Service Send-to-PocketBook : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247639

- send book to device connected in usb with Calibre

and that's it !
Alephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #11
snazzy_cauldron
snazzy_cauldron began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmerry View Post
New user here. This is how I managed to keep things synced. Emailed support with the serial number to get pocketbook sync appear under settings. Logged in Android app and reader into the same bookland account (aka pocketbook account). Used Dropbox to drop files into the reader. Long press and upload the ones I want to upload to pocketbook cloud, and upload them manually (no, cannot be done in batches). Sync the Android app, download the ones I want on the phone. Now read progress syncs perfectly. However, highlights and notes will only sync between phone and the web app (or at least that's what I found out. If I'm doing something wrong someone let me know). Oh also the Dropbox sync folder is *actually* a SYNC folder. So deletions and new files will be reflected. So do feel free to sync mp3s and audiobooks, too
I used the same method to sync reading progression between my e-reader (PocketBook Inkpad 3) and the android app. The method is a bit clunky and I'd much rather prefer to keep using Moon Reader Plus as my main reader app on the phone, as it's much more polished.

But since I'm only really reading one book at a time, this method is manageable. It works for leisure reading where you read from A-Z. So when you have a few moments to spare during the day you can read a few pages on the phone and still maintain continuity.

My science papers and engineering books are not read in chronological order, and since I wouldn't attempt to read them on the phone anyway, there's no point in syncing them.
snazzy_cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #12
snazzy_cauldron
snazzy_cauldron began at the beginning.

Also note, you have to factory reset your device (​Settings - Maintenance - Factory reset) to activate Pocketbook Cloud after the support activates your serial nbr.

You will lose 3rd party apps (eg KOReader), wifi passwords, dropbox account settings, bookmarks, notes etc. The only thing that remain are files on the internal filesystem.
snazzy_cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:32 AM   #13
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
So you can actually sync notes from the ereader to the Android app? I've been waiting for something like this. But does that mean, that if I accidentally delete notes on the ereader, that they'll be deleted from the Android app as well?

Edit: It doesn't look like notes will sync after all…
Edit 2: now it works!

Last edited by Lykke; 09-30-2019 at 04:18 AM.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #14
Fignolet
Fignolet began at the beginning.

Device: PB 632 aka Pocketbook Touch HD3 aka Tea/Vivliio Touch HD PLUS
Hello,

I bought a pocketbook Touch Hd 3 (in gray) to get rid from my too locked Kindle, through Amazon, for in France you can only buy the "lite" version with vivlio (and i'm not fan of copper.)

However I got stuck with a Legimi store (Polish bookstore) and no pocketbook cloud. After finding this lovely thread (and spent a few days trying to access the ebrmain...) I finally decided to send my serial number to the support because no pbcloud to be found.

I have been exchanging mails with the support for 3 days now....

1st day: he did not know why I sent my serial asking to activate pbcloud.
2nd day: doesn't believe me that I don't have pb cloud... I have to prove by pictures.

They ask me to factoy reset. Still nothing.
To format the reader > nothing.

3rd day today: after factory reseting again, formating the drive again: miracle on the welcome page pocket book cloud, in the settings and it's wonderful until ....I connect the reader to the wifi. PB cloud disapeared from everywhere.

I tell the support> Here his reply: "Thank you information.

Judging by the information received from you, it may be a hardware problem. Unfortunately we cannot solve it remotely."

it looks like BS to me, I mean yes the device is rooted... but I am sure that with a piece of software he could have solved this, am I wrong

So please: What can I do? I am starting to regret Kindles... (eventhough the touch HD 3 is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better and for info: play music no good but youtube music working perfectly with the browser if someone can try spotify )

Thank you
Fignolet is offline   Reply With Quote