Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #181
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@ChipAHoy: You don't have to either download it from this forum thread or unzip it once download.

You can install directly from Calibre by doing:

1) Right-click on "Preferences" icon
2) Choose "Get plugins to enhance Calibre"
3) Find "X-Ray Creator", click on "Install" button
4) Restart Calibre when offered to do so.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #182
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Found this nifty plugin today but couldn't get it working. I got the following error below. Calibre downloaded all the metadata for this file but it seems I'm getting the out of index error. I just downloaded the plugin today and tried running the auto update without effect. Would love suggestions.

Thanks!

PS: Do I need to manually run the 'get metadata' form the edit metadata contextual menu before creating the xray files? thanks!

Code:
10-29-2017 22:19:29    Parsing Goodreads data... 
10-29-2017 22:19:34    Creating x-ray... 
10-29-2017 22:19:34        Parsing book data... 
Job: "Creating Files" failed with error: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator", line 284, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 231, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 269, in _create_files
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 495, in _parse_book
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 56, in parse
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 86, in _parse_paragraph_data
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 105, in _get_paragraph_data
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 196, in extract_text
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 775, in text_section
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 765, in sizeof_trailing_entries
IndexError: string index out of range

Called with args: (,) {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }
PS: It appears to work if I delete the mobi version and make sure that I have a AZW3 format FIRST. Is this required? Is there a way to not have to delete the mobi version first and have it select the correct AZW3 format or create it if necessary?

Next question: Does this plugin work if I'm using a KFX format?

Thanks!

Last edited by arooni; 10-29-2017 at 11:44 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #183
gocho8
gocho8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (5.8.5 JB)
Hi. First, nice work. Second, I have one doubt that could be written in the first post. I read in spanish, so when taking XRay creator goodreads url, should I give it the spanish or english page of the book? Both ways I only get random highlighted phrases on the kindle
gocho8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #184
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Found this nifty plugin today but couldn't get it working. I got the following error below. Calibre downloaded all the metadata for this file but it seems I'm getting the out of index error. I just downloaded the plugin today and tried running the auto update without effect. Would love suggestions.

Thanks!

PS: Do I need to manually run the 'get metadata' form the edit metadata contextual menu before creating the xray files? thanks!

Code:
10-29-2017 22:19:29    Parsing Goodreads data... 
10-29-2017 22:19:34    Creating x-ray... 
10-29-2017 22:19:34        Parsing book data... 
Job: "Creating Files" failed with error: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator", line 284, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 231, in create_files_event
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 269, in _create_files
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 495, in _parse_book
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 56, in parse
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 86, in _parse_paragraph_data
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 105, in _get_paragraph_data
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book_parser", line 196, in extract_text
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 775, in text_section
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 765, in sizeof_trailing_entries
IndexError: string index out of range

Called with args: (,) {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }
PS: It appears to work if I delete the mobi version and make sure that I have a AZW3 format FIRST. Is this required? Is there a way to not have to delete the mobi version first and have it select the correct AZW3 format or create it if necessary?

Next question: Does this plugin work if I'm using a KFX format?

Thanks!
Hey! You don't have to convert from mobi to azw3 as it supports both. Just make sure to look at the settings and tell it you want it to consider mobi. That's a bit of a hard error to debug without the actual book to look at. Is the book DRM free?
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #185
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocho8 View Post
Hi. First, nice work. Second, I have one doubt that could be written in the first post. I read in spanish, so when taking XRay creator goodreads url, should I give it the spanish or english page of the book? Both ways I only get random highlighted phrases on the kindle
You should give it the spanish page of the book. It's kind of difficult to fix the problem here without the book and the Goodreads page you're using as I can't test it.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #186
truongsinh
truongsinh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
> https://github.com/szarroug3/X-Ray_C...gin/issues/102
KFX is superior to AZW3, such as typesetting and pageflip. Can we have support for this format? (KFX output plugin here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407)
truongsinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #187
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by truongsinh View Post
> https://github.com/szarroug3/X-Ray_C...gin/issues/102
KFX is superior to AZW3, such as typesetting and pageflip. Can we have support for this format? (KFX output plugin here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407)
I second this! I've moved to the KFX format on my kindle but I'm definitely missing the xray generator for the books I read.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #188
szarroug3
Zealot

Yeah, I'll do it when I have time. I've been busy with personal stuff lately. If anyone here wants to do the work for it and then do a pull request, I'll be happy to review it.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #189
szarroug3
Zealot

Turns out that this is actually harder than it seems. Looks like we can't use any built-in functions to extract the text from the book. After looking into a bit further, I've noticed Kindle Previewer 3 doesn't support KFX (so the library likely doesn't have a way to read the format) and KFX Output can't convert from KFX to other formats (so they likely also don't have a way to do that). This just got a lot harder. I'm not sure I can extract the text from the book. Will keep trying but I can't make any promises. Not going to lie -- it's looking pretty unlikely right now.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #190
SnoutBaron
SnoutBaron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, so I seem to have an issue with the plugin. When I set everything up for a book, finding the proper ASIN off Goodreads and what not, the X-Ray file is compiled but when I use it on my Kindle it has the list of characters although it just says that no description could be found on Goodreads.

Is this a plugin issue or an issue with there simply, really being no description?

The book in question is Abaddon's Gate, The Expanse. Using either of these ASINs (with corresponding Goodreads page) yield the same result with no character descriptions.

ASINs with Goodreads links:
B009SQ018I (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...abaddon-s-gate)
or
B00A2DZMYE (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...abaddon-s-gate)

Thanks.

Last edited by SnoutBaron; 02-07-2018 at 08:20 AM.
SnoutBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #191
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoutBaron View Post
Hi, so I seem to have an issue with the plugin. When I set everything up for a book, finding the proper ASIN off Goodreads and what not, the X-Ray file is compiled but when I use it on my Kindle it has the list of characters although it just says that no description could be found on Goodreads.

Is this a plugin issue or an issue with there simply, really being no description?

The book in question is Abaddon's Gate, The Expanse. Using either of these ASINs (with corresponding Goodreads page) yield the same result with no character descriptions.

ASINs with Goodreads links:
B009SQ018I (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...abaddon-s-gate)
or
B00A2DZMYE (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...abaddon-s-gate)

Thanks.
There's actually no description. If you go to either of those dates and clock on any of the characters, you'll see that Goodreads gas no information on them other than their name. Goodreads in general is pretty sucky about that. Most of my books have no descriptions but I don't have any other good sources to use for data that is easily parseable or has a reliable API. I've just basically been using the first seen clip of the character I'm looking at to figure out what I'm supposed to know about them.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #192
SnoutBaron
SnoutBaron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
There's actually no description. If you go to either of those dates and clock on any of the characters, you'll see that Goodreads gas no information on them other than their name. Goodreads in general is pretty sucky about that. Most of my books have no descriptions but I don't have any other good sources to use for data that is easily parseable or has a reliable API. I've just basically been using the first seen clip of the character I'm looking at to figure out what I'm supposed to know about them.
Oh, that's kinda crappy of Goodreads. Thanks for the reply.
SnoutBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:21 AM   #193
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoutBaron View Post
Oh, that's kinda crappy of Goodreads. Thanks for the reply.
1. Sorry for all the typos in my last post. I was replying from my phone.
2. Yeah, it is pretty crappy. Sorry there's not much I can do to fix that.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:23 AM   #194
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@SnoutBaron, @szarroug3: So, what are you doing about this? The data on Goodreads has to come from somewhere. And one of the sources is the members of Goodreads. If the books you have are missing the data you need, you can add it and help others.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 AM   #195
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@SnoutBaron, @szarroug3: So, what are you doing about this? The data on Goodreads has to come from somewhere. And one of the sources is the members of Goodreads. If the books you have are missing the data you need, you can add it and help others.
I actually can't find an edit button on the characters information page. I.e https://www.goodreads.com/characters/26812-rand-al-thor. It says "edit description of this character" but that's not an actual link. I also can't see a way to add characters. Last time I looked into this, I think I read that only goodrrads' librarians can edit book information.

Tags
x-ray