Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #31
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Why is the price so much higher than in China (isn't the Hanvon 920E the same device), where it is only RMB 2800 (the exchange rate is 6.3 to 1 US$) and that includes a 17% sales tax? Usually Chinese products are much cheaper abroad than in China itself.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #32
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
This looks nice but there is no way in heck Im gonna pay $500 for it. I would just rather pay under a hundred for an eink black and white and read novels on it and pony up $200 for a cheap tablet to read magazines and other color content on it. Yes the tablets arent e-ink and may tire the eyes out. But how long do people really read magazines, comics etc as opposed to BW novels?? Unless Im using it for school of course.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #33
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
It looks like students in Russian schools already received jetBook Color units
(this video has English captions). When it will be available in US schools?

Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #34
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Very interesting device, I will keep my eye on this one. I would pay up to $249 for it, shipped.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #35
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Its definitely the 'new technology' thing. One of my friends HAS to have the newest TV technology, its like a drug. He sells what he has and buys a new one. He literally goes through at least 2 different TV's a year.

Just to say i was one of the first to get color eInk is enough for some people.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #36
fsvum
Enthusiast
fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!fsvum , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
800*600 is no good
fsvum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #37
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i need color eInk, i cant read off tablets at all.

my eyes start tearing and then the headaches come on.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #38
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i think thats a fair price for a new technology especially one thats srsly ez on the eyes
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote