Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2021, 10:25 PM   #1
gerdawright
gerdawright began at the beginning.

Device: none
Upload books to Kindle

Hi everyone,

When I upload books to my Kindle from Calibre, it takes about 1 min to send the metadata for each book, which slows down the process enormously. There are thousands of books on the Kindle already; I believe this is why it takes longer.

I have tried sending files to the device simply by dragging and dropping in the file explorer, and the books showed up on the Kindle with no apparent issues.

Is there some significant benefit to waiting for Calibre to slowly transfer this metadata, or can I disable this so that Calibre just sends the file instead?
gerdawright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would suggest you take this question to the calibre Devices forum here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=234
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 02:24 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
By metadata are you refering to the 'blurb' like content you can add to the beginning of the book? Or are you trying to put the books into collections via Calibre?

As tomsem has suggested, the best place for this question is the Calibre part of the forum.

Welcome to Mobileread.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote