Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-04-2021, 01:28 AM   #1
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Registering on here was an EPIC SAGA

Hey everyone, I am glad I am finally here. I create a lot of ebooks and am glad to join a community of likeminded people.

I was prompted to join from Sigil and also Calibre.

However every time I tried it said that I had been denied for some reason, and to contact the administrator, which I did every time but no response.

Also the captcha form on the registration page would cycle through different images to click on for something like ten minutes each time.

I thought that the site wasn't accepting new registrations for some reason. It appeared like the site was made intentionally impossible to register, for some reason.

This went on for probably over 3 months.

Then yesterday I tried again out of curiosity. Then for some reason I thought to change my IP address on ExpressVPN and it worked.

So I am happy now.

Anyway, I am sorry to bore you with this tedious tale.

Have a lovely day.
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:39 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with registering.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:30 AM   #3
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with registering.

Thank you! It's no problem, I am glad I finally got it sorted.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you sign in with your normal IP (not with the VPN)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #5
jonesyb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you sign in with your normal IP (not with the VPN)?
I can sign in no problem now with the original VPN location (Just the normal UK one on ExpressVPN). The problem was trying to register. Now I am registered there is no problem.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Welcome to MobileRead. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #7
jonesyb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Welcome to MobileRead. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Thank you for the nice welcome!