Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-30-2018, 04:13 AM   #1
lucloudsir
lucloudsir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle parperWhite
how to download azw3 and azw6 files rather than kfx files in Amazon Kindle Stores?

I use kindle paperwhite 10 and kindle oasis to read ebooks,and I usually download ebooks from Kindle Store.In the majority of cases,I get kfx format ebooks in Kindle e-book devices, but I want to get more azw6 format ebooks because I can dump azw6 files and get many wdp format images.so I want to know how to get more and more azw6 files in Kindle devices.Wish someone can help me.:谢谢:
lucloudsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I don't know of any way to avoid having Amazon deliver books in KFX format on e-ink Kindle devices that run firmware versions greater than 5.6.1.1.

The latest version of Kindle for PC (or Mac) also supports KFX, but it can be forced to revert to using the older kindle formats using Method 2 documented here. If you do that then most books will be delivered in azw3 format and some will have an additional azw6 file with higher resolution graphics.

Note that the file extensions will not be as you would expect from an e-ink Kindle. The azw3 files will have the extension .azw and azw6 files will have the extension .azw.res on the latest version of Kindle for PC/Mac with KFX disabled.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
lucloudsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I don't know of any way to avoid having Amazon deliver books in KFX format on e-ink Kindle devices that run firmware versions greater than 5.6.1.1.

The latest version of Kindle for PC (or Mac) also supports KFX, but it can be forced to revert to using the older kindle formats using Method 2 documented here. If you do that then most books will be delivered in azw3 format and some will have an additional azw6 file with higher resolution graphics.

Note that the file extensions will not be as you would expect from an e-ink Kindle. The azw3 files will have the extension .azw and azw6 files will have the extension .azw.res on the latest version of Kindle for PC/Mac with KFX disabled.
Thank you,I am glad to receive your reply.You mean that if I revert my kindle to former version 5.6.1.1 and in this way I can download more azw6 files but not kfx files in kindle devices.Then I find my kindle version is 5.9.7 and it is complex to revert my kindle for me.But is there any other way to get azw6 files such as downloading azw6 format e-books on the website?I am looking forward to your reply,thank you for your suggestion again.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucloudsir View Post
Thank you,I am glad to receive your reply.You mean that if I revert my kindle to former version 5.6.1.1 and in this way I can download more azw6 files but not kfx files in kindle devices.Then I find my kindle version is 5.9.7 and it is complex to revert my kindle for me.But is there any other way to get azw6 files such as downloading azw6 format e-books on the website?I am looking forward to your reply,thank you for your suggestion again.
If you go to Your Content and Devices on the Amazon site, you will find an option under the different book listings to Download and Transfer via USB. That should download an AZW file for you that is not a KFX. You do need to have a Kindle or a Fire registered to your account to make it work.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
lucloudsir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
If you go to Your Content and Devices on the Amazon site, you will find an option under the different book listings to Download and Transfer via USB. That should download an AZW file for you that is not a KFX. You do need to have a Kindle or a Fire registered to your account to make it work.
Thank you ,In your way,I can get azw3 files but not azw6 files. Actually,what I reallly need is getting more azw6 files in kindle devices,so is there any ways to get azw6 files?
Old 10-31-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucloudsir View Post
TBut is there any other way to get azw6 files such as downloading azw6 format e-books on the website?
No, azw6 cannot be downloaded from Amazon's website. They are only delivered directly to Kindle devices and apps as described in my previous post.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw6