Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #1
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
A few Sigil Feature Requests

Sigil 0.8.7

I'd like a control-alt-shift key combination to be able to comment out selected text in a CSS file. Basically, I'm going through a public EPUB and commenting out all CSS that should not be set, like font-size, color, etc. These should all be handled by the reader itself. So I'm doing a LOT of commenting.

The process:
  1. Select text to be commented.
  2. Hit control key combo.
  3. Text is commented out, surrounded by /* and */
Thanks!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-03-2015 at 07:52 AM.
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Request: Show ascii and unicode value in status bar of selected character

In a previous thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266289) about most words being misspelled, I can see the need for the status bar to show both the ascii, hex, and unicode values for a selected character.

Can the author of Sigil add that in a later release? It's really hand for troubleshooting.

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankypants View Post
Sigil 0.8.7

I'd like a control-alt-shift key combination to be able to comment out selected text in a CSS file. Basically, I'm going through a public EPUB and commenting out all CSS that should not be set, like font-size, color, etc. These should all be handled by the reader itself. So I'm doing a LOT of commenting.

The process:
  1. Select text to be commented.
  2. Hit control key combo.
  3. Text is commented out, surrounded by /* and */
Thanks!
Why don't you use a clip?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-03-2015 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Edited by moderator to help with thread-merge continuity
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
crankypants
Hmm.

Request: Can Sigil have a different "night mode" defined in prefs?

I mentioned in another thread that I'm cleaning up an EPUB where the author (or their editing tool) put background colors in. I'm currently commenting out these background colors in the CSS file. I can't double check this was done unless I can have a "night mode" where I defined the background and foreground color of fonts.

I'd like Sigil to have a user-settable "night mode" where I can define the background and foreground colors, then be able to switch the preview window between "day mode" and "night mode", which readers also do.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
crankypants
Hmm.

Quote:
Why don't you use a clip?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how a clip is used, but my understanding is I type a string of words, hit CONTROL-J, and those words are replaced with text.

Or can you help me design a clip that will do what I need?

I think I have a clip with will do what I want. I named it "Cmt" and the Desc column is: /* \1 */. The problem is I can't figure out how to assign it to a hotkey combination, or get it to appear next to the other clip buttons on the toolbar near H1...H5, and P. I read the Sigil userguide but it's from v0.7.2 and doesn't mention how to assign hot keys to a clip. It just says it can be done.

Last edited by crankypants; 11-03-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankypants View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how a clip is used, but my understanding is I type a string of words, hit CONTROL-J, and those words are replaced with text.

Or can you help me design a clip that will do what I need?

I think I have a clip with will do what I want. I named it "Cmt" and the Desc column is: /* \1 */. The problem is I can't figure out how to assign it to a hotkey combination, or get it to appear next to the other clip buttons on the toolbar near H1...H5, and P. I read the Sigil userguide but it's from v0.7.2 and doesn't mention how to assign hot keys to a clip. It just says it can be done.
Are you perhaps conflating calibre Editor's Snippets feature with Sigil's clips? They're not the same thing at all.

Edit ==> Preferences ==> Keyboard Shortcuts (tab)
Default shortcuts for clips are CTRL+ALT+num where num is the number of the clip from 1 to 9 plus 0 (for 10).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
crankypants
Hmm.

Yes I think I was confusing something in Calibre. I found the key stroke editor for clips. Thanks!

Tags
ascii value, character value, comments, css, hex value, night mode, unicode