Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #1126
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I am almost done with the G's in my complete Calibre library review/reconvert as needed.

Spent the day finalizing my choices for AAR's Top 100 poll. I know 90% of my books won't make their final list, but I still like to vote. I've got the books decided on but may still fiddle a bit with the order.

Looking through everything makes me want to read/reread all the books

Wait. What's the AAR poll? Link please.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #1127
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Wait. What's the AAR poll? Link please.
The poll won't go live until tomorrow (I'll post a link once there is one).

You can read the rules HERE. And see the 2010 Poll Results There are links at the bottom for the 2007, 2004, 2000, and 1998 lists.

Basically you can list from 1 to 100 books (though I had a hard time limiting myself to 100, but I guess not everyone does ) The book you list first gets 100 points, second 99 points, etc. They then tally the results. They tend to get a lot of historicals because the board as a whole skews to historical readers. But it's fun. And you do not have to be a member of AAR to vote.

I did make myself limit the number of books from my favorite authors moreso than in 2010. I had an easier time of it this go round as I kept the Word table I'd made last time. Some of the books I'd listed last time I have since reread and they did not stand up as well as I had remembered. Otherwise I took off some by my favorite authors where I had multiple books for them.

The poll closes Oct 20, so I think everyone here should at least submit their 10 favorites if 100 seems too overwhelming If you want to, no pressure really.

Last edited by library addict; 09-30-2013 at 09:07 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #1128
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Newly reduced HarperCollins Titles (more 50% Kobo code fodder)

Saved by the Rancher (The Hunted #1) by Jennifer Ryan - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo

Lucky Like Us (The Hunted #2) by Jennifer Ryan - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo

The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7) by Lynsay Sands - $1.99
Kindle | Kobo

The Vampire Who Loved Me (Lords of Midnight #2) by Teresa Medeiros - $1.99
Kindle | Kobo
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #1129
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
The poll won't go live until tomorrow (I'll post a link once there is one).

You can read the rules HERE. And see the 2010 Poll Results There are links at the bottom for the 2007, 2004, 2000, and 1998 lists.
Cool! I was scanning through the 2010 and a bunch of the stuff at the top lines up with many of my own favorites. Will have to read through to find some recommendations!

Update: OK, maybe not such a good source of new recommendations for me. I've read everything on that list except for 12 and 6 of those are already purchased and sitting in my TBR pile!

Last edited by apesmom; 09-30-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #1130
apesmom
Wizard

Simon & Schuster price drop. This one was on sale for $2.99 back in May, it's now $1.99. It hasn't dropped on Kobo yet so you might want to watch for a few days if you want to coupon it.

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow #1) by Molly Harper
Kindle

Quote:
“The thing to remember about a ‘stray’ vampire is that there is probably a good reason he is friendless, alone, and wounded. Approach with caution.”

Iris Scanlon, Half-Moon Hollow’s only daytime vampire concierge, knows more about the undead than she’d like. Running their daylight errands—from letting in the plumber to picking up some chilled Faux Type O—gives her a look at the not-so-glamorous side of vamps. Her rules are strict; relationships are purely business, not friendship—and certainly not anything more. Then she finds her newest client, Cal, poisoned on his kitchen floor, and her quiet life turns upside down.

Cal—who would be devastatingly sexy, if Iris thought vampires were sexy—offers Iris a hefty fee for hiding him at her place. And even though he’s imperious, unfriendly, and doesn’t seem to understand the difference between “employee” and “servant,” she agrees. But as they search for who wants him permanently dead, Iris is breaking more and more of her own rules . . . particularly those about nudity. Could it be that what she really needs is some intrigue and romance—and her very own stray vampire?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #1131
apesmom
Wizard

Dang, I just bought this one last week!
From Grand Central Publishing.

The Duchess Hunt (House of Trent #1) by Jennifer Haymore - $1.99
Kindle (watch for the drop)| Kobo (couponable)

Quote:
THE DUKE'S DESIRE

Simon Hawkins, duke of Trent, is no stranger to scandal. Rumors and innuendo have darkened the House of Trent for decades, and it has fallen to Simon to restore his tattered family name. He lives by a strict code of honor, but when he is called home to investigate his mother's disappearance, the distinguished duke will tangle with temptation. For there waits the only woman he has ever loved-and the last woman he should desire . . .

Sarah Osborne has spent her life dreaming of Simon's touch. But dukes do not long for lady's maids-or so Sarah believes, until a stolen kiss sparks a passion that could be her ultimate undoing. As the couple begins a forbidden romance, a cunning enemy plots to destroy the duke and everything he loves. Now, caught in a blackmailer's web, Simon faces an agonizing choice: sacrifice his family's future or break Sarah's heart.

(95000 words)
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #1132
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Hot Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones
(Tall, Dark, and Deadly 01)
Note: She is one of my favorite authors. I'm currently buying everything I can get from her backlist.
Also free in the US Kobo Store
Hot secrets has 2 listings in the Kobo store not sure what the differences are perhaps one is the full book and one a preview? Unfortunatly not at home so I can't check

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...ark-and-deadly
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/hot-secrets-1

Also free One Dangerous Night Tall Dark and Deadly No.2
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #1133
apesmom
Wizard

The How To Series (3 book bundle) by Mia Marlowe - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Book 1—How to Distract a Duchess
[previously published as Distracting the Duchess by Emily Bryan, Leisure (2008)]
was previously free 4/2012

The widowed Duchess of Southwycke doesn’t give two figs for the ton’s opinions on propriety. She wants to be taken seriously as an artist, so Artemisia is painting the entire Roman pantheon in glorious nudes. The man who arrived to pose for her is far too muscular and virile to fit her vision of a cherubic Cupid, so she’ll simply turn him into Mars.

Trevelyn Deveridge never expected to pose naked to serve Queen and country, but the trail of the elusive Mr. Beddington leads right to the door of the duchess. Unless Trev retrieves Beddington’s key, a whole string of operatives in India are in danger of discovery. Since he’s convinced that Her Grace can point him in the right direction, he's left with little choice but to play along with her artistic endeavors.

Besides, when a lady asks a gentleman to disrobe, how can he refuse?

Book 2—How to Please a Pirate
[previously published as Pleasuring the Pirate by Emily Bryan, Leisure (2008)]

When Captain Gabriel Drake earns a royal pardon and comes home to Cornwall, he finds himself elevated to lord of the manor with the added complication of being responsible for his five orphaned nieces.

He's also obliged to wed, bed and breed an heir on a well-born lady as soon as possible to secure the barony or it will be devolved to the Crown. And the fact that he only wants Jacquelyn Wren, the bastard daughter of a courtesan who couldn't possibly satisfy the King's requirements to become his baroness, means he'll have her any way he can.
To protect the orphans in her charge, Jacquelyn has to see the new baron suitably wed to a lady of quality. A few lessons in courting should do the trick nicely. But she forgot one thing.

What a pirate wants, a pirate takes…

Book 3—How to Vex a Viscount
[previously published as Vexing the Viscount by Emily Bryan, Leisure (2009)]

Daisy Drake needs Lucian Beaumont. Tired of being "on the shelf," she craves adventure and Lucian holds all the clues to a long-buried Roman treasure. Too bad the devilishly handsome viscount doesn't want her help.
Until she masquerades as a French courtesan who offers to teach him all she knows of the pleasures of the love couch. Of course, Daisy only knows what she learned from the memoirs of a real courtesan, but she's always been a fast learner.

As children they sparred with wooden swords, and Lucian has the scar to prove it. Now that they're all grown up, the true battle is only beginning...
Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #1134
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Oh alot of good price drops! Don't forget the 50% off coupon at Kobo for the the regular priced ones. I had planned on buying a $7.99 book but missed the $3.99 sale for it so that coupon saved me from paying full price!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #1135
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
At Kobo, I am no longer getting the coupon option on Random House or Penguin books, but still am on Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan and Harper Collins. Just a heads up.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #1136
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
At Kobo, I am no longer getting the coupon option on Random House or Penguin books, but still am on Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan and Harper Collins. Just a heads up.
Hopefully it's just a glitch. Kind of like when they removed the Paypal option for 24 hours on the new site.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #1137
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I hope so Because I'm not seeing it either.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #1138
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I started a new thread for the month October
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote