Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #796
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
And don't forget your cowboys as well. All are not quite Alpha's but have that charm and pragmatic attitude. You have been making me try and figure out another author that wrote westerns all day. Jude Deveraux's had some in her Montgomery/Taggert series, Johanna Lindsey, and I want to say the author I can't name was named Gwendlyne something. I am pictureing a cover with a cowboy boot on it. Man, I have to go back under the bed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Ok, I have come out from under the bed again, and found some lovely old Zebra westerns by Carol Finch. Then I found some Patricia Potter's , and some old Lorranie Heath's. After seeing the title, I remember fondly of The Scotsman Wore Spurs by Patricia Potter. Also that Carol liked to have a scene where the hero or the heroine was rip roarin' drunk. I will look at the rest of my books tomorrow, since it is dark outside right now. Maybe then I will find that author's name. Or, maybe I am dreamin'. Good Night Ladies, or Good Morning as the case may be.

I have Carol Finch's HQ westerns. Could the author be Geralyn Dawson? She started writing for Harlequin in the mid 90s. I have a couple of Patricia Potter that she has out in ebook. I would love to have the series mention. I may have to buy it in paperback.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #797
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I love Jayne Ann Krentz. Since she's been publishing since 1979 her backlist is filled with a large variety of subgenres. So even if you don't like the first of her books you try, I'd give her multiple chances.

She's was writing futuristic paranormal romance before it had a label (and has often joked it nearly killed her writing career being so far ahead of the curve. The lack of sales originally for her futuristic Lost Colony series is what led to her publishing historicals under the Quick penname).

As much as I do enjoy her current Arcane series, my favorites are her straight contemps from the 90s written as Jayne Ann Krentz, her early, one-word title historicals as Amanda Quick and the Psynergy trilogy and early World of Harmony/Ghost Hunter books as Jayne Castle.

Many of her Harlequin books are dated, but I enjoyed most of the ones written for Silhouette as Stephanie James moreso than the Harlequin Temptations as JAK (though I have not read her complete backlist yet).

On another note, I've got 3 more full length books plus 3 novellas (and her website short stories) to go in the Psy-Changeling series.
I totally agree with you in JAK. I'm rereading "Sweet Starfire" now... and finding relations with Harmony. It's a pity I have no Singh's book to discover... till Tuesday. I've been reading her Psy and Guild (although I don't like vampires a lot) since the beginning and I still enjoy her books.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #798
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have those in paperback. I have not read them but they are my TBR list for this year that is ever rapidly changing.
Well, they're REALLY classic in terms of alpha males, but I like them.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #799
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I got another DANL membership because I am pleased with the new rules for utilizing the credits. However, I totally do not get how or why Firebird by Susanna Kearsley is "not available in my region" when amazon.ca and amazon.com are perfectly willing to sell me the kindle edition and physical version. Not amused. Fishing out my library card.

However, I got a few books that look good.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #800
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This thread in now closed. Please move to the June Thread.
Closed Thread