Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #1
somedaygone
somedaygone began at the beginning.

Device: Win10
Using v3 viewer with v4 installed

I am having a couple of issues with the version 4 viewer (see my previous 2 posts) that I need to use the version 3 viewer on Windows 10. I have installed the portable version. Is there a way I can have the portable version launch automatically from my version 4 Calibre library? Feel free to point me to an old thread. I tried searching and I can see people doing it, but I can't find the directions.
somedaygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:15 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=27
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
somedaygone
somedaygone began at the beginning.

Device: Win10
Smile

That link helped but I had to dink around a little more. Here's a little more complete steps of what worked for me in Windows 10.

• Download Calibre portable v3.48 (last version of the old reader)
• Go into the main Calibre program (for the current version, not portable).
• Click Preferences > Change calibre behavior
• On the right, uncheck all file extensions that you want to move to the old reader (AZW3, EPUB, HTMLZ, MOBI)
• Select a book with that file type in your library
• On the right pane next to Path, click the Click to open link
• Right click the book with that file type and choose Open with > Choose another app
• Scroll down to the bottom and check the box next to Always use this app and then select Look for another app on this PC
• Navigate to the folder where you've installed Calibre portable 3.48 and select ebook-viewer.exe (for me, it's in \OneDrive\Calibre\Calibre Portable\Calibre\ebook-viewer.exe)
• Close the ebook viewer and go back to the main Calibre window. Try opening the book from there and it should now open in the 3.48 viewer.
somedaygone is offline   Reply With Quote