Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
M3 feature request - Spotlight like search?

Hello,

This just came up recently and I thought it'd be incredibly useful. I have a particular 10+ volume medical work of various foods and herbs, plus dozens of similar works. When looking for something in particular, spotlight on OS X can easily find any ePub or PDF on my computer that contains a particular word. I think some iOS PDF readers also index and let you search contents. It could be useful too for cookbooks and particular ingredients, author or work titles mentioned in non-fictional criticism, and there's probably other cases. Maybe someday?
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@democrite In the future I look into the possibility of making this kind of indexing offline (i.e. press a button and wait rather than automatically in the background). Background indexing for book content will cause all kind of battery drain and heat issues - people consistently keep thousands of books in their library.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Awesome. Thank you Kris. Indeed battery drain could be a problem. I was also concerned with index size though spotlight does ok and without all the html tags, it doesn't seem so bad.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote