Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #766
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The latter does sound like the main problem seen with the last firmware update for the WiFi. I've sent the link to the image in a PM.
Thanks. I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know the results with an edit to this post. The Kobo Wireless in question looks to be in almost new condition.

EDIT: Well, it went really well, once I figured out what I was supposed to do. First I tried copying the image to a SD Card and installing it via the SD slot. No go. Then I realized I had to make an image (fortunately Linux Mint has software for that built-in). Again I tried the SD card and slot. Still no go. Then I went to YouTube and realized that I probably had to open the Kobo Wifi and and write (open?) the image file to built-in micro-SD card ... and that worked. And then the Kobo went online (via WiFi) right away and downloaded an update and I was thinking "uh, oh, I hope don't have to start all over this again," but it all went well. So, short story long ... I've now got another Kobo WiFi (Wireless?) working.

Thank you.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-27-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #767
camio
camio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo Wifi upgrade problem

My wifes Kobo Wifi went into boot loop about a week ago. Looking on KOBOeReader partition there is a file kobo-update-1.9.12.zip that has 20/4/18 creation date. That is when my wife put it online for the first time.

I have been trying in vain to fix it with little success. All resets fail to change anything. Sent an email to Kobo and just got a standard reply. Frustrated that they don't make the old firmware available.

I noticed that 'DavidFor' is the Guru for these issues. I was hoping you could send me a recovery image for the N647. Thanks.
Advert
Old 04-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #768
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:13 PM   #769
pie314isi
pie314isi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
at the risk of sounding repetetive, I would also like a copy of the N647 sdcard image.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:21 PM   #770
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 05-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #771
pie314isi
pie314isi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Thanks heaps. That did the trick.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #772
jp091618
jp091618 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Would it be possible for me to also get a copy of the N647 image? I've been trying everything to fix my Kobo and I'm at the end of my rope with it.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #773
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #774
Fabas
Fabas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B 2GB
Hello, I have a model N647B Kobo Wifi 2gb ,please send a copy of the firmware image to fix it.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #775
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #776
jesternb
jesternb began at the beginning.

Device: n647b Kobo wifi
Could someone please send me an image for the n647B and maybe throw a link up to instructions on how to re-image my kobo please?
Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #777
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #778
squidcrackers
squidcrackers began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi davidfor can you send the kobo N647 disk image please and thank you

s
Old 08-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #779
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #780
mcgivervii
mcgivervii began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Exclamation SD Image request

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDomroes View Post
Im in the same boat, seem the kobo wifi n647 cant be updated to 1.9.11
could I get a link to the SD image also,plz
I know this is an ancient post but I also have a N647 with a corrupted SD card,
if you still have the image, I would greatly appreciate a copy, thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi