Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 AM   #16
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
philomathy - 0.0000000150%
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
philomathy - 0.0000000150%
A new word for me - but I'm astonished I didn't know it already. A worthy leader!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
uxoricide - reached a peak in 1995 with 0.0000006992%, lowest point in 1943 with 0.0000002473%

teosinte 0.0000086142
ambidexterous 0.0000006182%

from now on, I am going to cheat.
On this page http://testyourvocab.com/faq i found following link:
http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/bnc-readme.html
PLease note, that despite using a list I am only trying words that I can understand without looking them up in a dictionary.

africanised 0.0000000800%
africanise 0.0000000603%
annualising 0.00000005564%
Unimaginatively 0.0000000550%
baitboxes 0.0000000589%
... to be continued ....
I see unimaginatively to be a lot more common.

Pick your best candidate to get on the leader board!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #19
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
I couldn't believe Infandous was such a rare word! - 0.0000000100%
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
I couldn't believe Infandous was such a rare word! - 0.0000000100%
I must admit, it's a splendid word, but one I didn't know. I should have read more Lovecraft!