Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
ebookscovers
Enthusiast
ebookscovers began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad mini 2
epub errors

Hi there. I need help with passing my epub. i have put it through the epub check and it comes up with 2 errors both related. I will attach screen shots of the errors and also the area in the file it refers to. I know its something very simple but can get my head around it. frustrating. how do I resolve it/?? help. David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 22.36.55.png
Views:	204
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	183428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 22.36.35.png
Views:	204
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	183429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 22.36.13.png
Views:	211
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	183430  
ebookscovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
My best guess is that you've got one too many closing tags in there. If so, it's not necessarily a closing </navmap>, but it could be. Could also be practically any other tag, with the warning referring to a mismatch.

Otherwise it could be that you've got two opening <navmap>s, but that seems harder to do unintentionally.

There are probably more elegant ways to do this, and I did not think about it long enough to be sure it would even work (giving myself an out here!) but you might try searching for ">" within the file, and also "</". If the former doesn't return double the results of the latter, it might set you down the right path.

Last edited by phillipgessert; 11-16-2020 at 06:18 PM.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:17 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookscovers View Post
Hi there. I need help with passing my epub. i have put it through the epub check and it comes up with 2 errors both related. I will attach screen shots of the errors and also the area in the file it refers to. I know its something very simple but can get my head around it. frustrating. how do I resolve it/?? help. David
Perhaps the two </navpoint> entries immediately prior to the </navmap> in your second image might be causing your problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 22.36.35.png
Views:	159
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	183443  

Last edited by DNSB; 11-17-2020 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Edit: replaced image as highlighting was pretty ugly in first image
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:17 AM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How was your toc.ncx produced? If it was generated by software then could you delete it and regenerate it? If your table of contents is entirely from h? tags you could open the epub in Sigil and use its table of contents generator.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote