Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Kindle 2 (GSM) and Feedbooks Download Guide

I just got my new Kindle 2 GSM, and I'm trying to download the Kindle Download Guide from Feedbooks. Apparently it is downloaded but doesn't show up on my front page. When I try to download it again, I get a message that it already exists. Any ideas? There doesn't appear to be a Content Manager on the Kindle 2. Is it possible that I just need to wait for it to show up? If it never shows up, how do I delete it to download it again? Do I have to connect it to my PC?
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Well, I fixed it by connecting the Kindle to my PC, deleting the file that had been downloaded to the Kindle, downloading the file to my PC, and copying it to the Kindle. I have no idea, but my assumption is that it was a partial download.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Maybe your Kindle was not set to show both personal documents and books. Check your "Show and Sort" option at the top of the Home page.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Your idea regarding a partial download sounds right to me. Sometimes this happens and, in order to show up so that I can delete it, I have to restart my kindle.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote