Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
fran143
fran143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Smile Save books in the disk

hi, i wanted to change the way caliber stores books on the computer disk, since it saves them in folders separated by authors and then another with the title, my idea is to save the books in folders with the book title first and the author after, separated by a "-" in a single folder.

As far as I know, in the part of "preferences" - "save books to disk" you can change what I am talking about but my attempts were in vain, since I don't understand the programming language. Any help is welcome, thank you in advance
fran143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran143 View Post
hi, i wanted to change the way caliber stores books on the computer disk...

As far as I know, in the part of "preferences" - "save books to disk" you can change what I am talking about ...
You misunderstand what the Preferences for "Save books to disk" does.
  1. You can't change the way calibre saves the ebook files in its libraries, period.
  2. "Save to disk" is one of two functions that exports ebooks from calibre, the other being "Save Send to device". It has nothing to do with how calibre's library files are structured.

The "Save to disk" preferences, along with the preferences for Plugboards, are there so that you can control how calibre structures the ebooks files that it exports to a folder outside of the calibre library structure.

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-03-2020 at 05:57 PM. Reason: changed to Send to device
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
Bookstooge
Addict
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Fran, have a look at this sticky'd thread. Which was right at the top of the page:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=119175
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
fran143
fran143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Okay, thank you very much for taking that doubt out of me, regards!
fran143 is offline   Reply With Quote