Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
tacheson
tacheson began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Enhancement Request

It would be nice to pick and choose the eBooks I want to share on my Calibre website (net sharing port 8080), instead of the all or nothing model in place now.
If there is a way to surpress certain eBooks, I am unable to find it...please provide the current way if it exists.

Thanks for a wonderful product!
tacheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Moderator Notice
Development sub-forum is not for feature requests

You can do what you want by using the Calibre PHP server with filters. I suspect that the normal built-in Calibre server can do this as well, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
If you're talking about the calibre content server, the feature you are after is a "Restriction".

To use this, build a custom search that excludes the books you want (in the main calibre library) and save it. Then, in the "sharing over the net" preferences page, select that saved search in the "restriction" drop down box.

(note: this is probably the wrong subforum for this thread)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
And to keep it really simple, you can have as many calibre libraries as you want.
Just put the books you want to share in one library and share only that.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
And to keep it really simple, you can have as many calibre libraries as you want.
This may be personal preference, but I find restrictions to be much simpler than having multiple libraries.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
This may be personal preference, but I find restrictions to be much simpler than having multiple libraries.
Me too, now that I've finally set up restrictions in a useful way and played with them awhile.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacheson View Post
It would be nice to pick and choose the eBooks I want to share on my Calibre website (net sharing port 8080), instead of the all or nothing model in place now.
If there is a way to surpress certain eBooks, I am unable to find it...please provide the current way if it exists.

Thanks for a wonderful product!
Create a Saved Search that just shows those books, then Select the name given to the Saved Search into the Restrictions box in the Sharing preferences
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
tacheson
tacheson began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Thanks everyone for the input. Very helpful.
I totally whiffed on the Restriction (saved search) option available. Will do my research and use this properly going forward.
tacheson is offline   Reply With Quote