Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 02:57 AM   #1
ienosos
ienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enough

Device: Android phone, Android tablet
Is there a way to merge Tag Mapper rulesets?

Is there a way to merge Tag Mapper rulesets?

I did something that I thought was a good idea at the time, but which I'm not really happy with now that it's left me with two fairly long rulesets that both need to be run every time I add books. One runs automatically when I add books, but I have to run the other one manually. I'd like to go back to just one ruleset, but I'd also rather not have to rebuild my whole ruleset rule by rule if I don't have to.

Any help would be appreciated.
ienosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well if you somewhat technically inclined, you can use the save/load feature. That IIRC saves the rulesets in a JSON file in the calibre configuration directory (which you can get to via Preferences->Miscellaneous). JSON files are fairly simple and human readable/editable. So save both rulesets, then you can use a text editor to merge them by hand. And the load the merged result.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 05:18 AM   #3
ienosos
ienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enough

Device: Android phone, Android tablet
Beautiful! Thank you. It worked perfectly.
ienosos is offline   Reply With Quote