Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-30-2024, 06:24 AM   #1
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
per_language_title_sort_articles

The description text for this tweak suggests that the appropriate articles will be moved to the end of the sort string even for foreign language books, provided the book's metadata specifies the correct language. This appears not to work. For example, "La Divina Commedia" by Dante Alighieri appears in the title sort under "L" instead of under "D". Likewise "Los Entremeses" by Ceravntes appears under "L" instead of under "E". What am I missing?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:34 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Check what you have in this tweak:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-30 213008.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	207241

Read the description carefully, there are several variables that come into play.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:56 AM   #3
rsbrux
Enthusiast

The description just says, "In addition, in some contexts where the book language is available, the language of the book is used.", but does not specify any "contexts".
I don't see any relevant variables other than "per_language_title_sort_articles". I neither need nor wish to set a "default_language_for_title_sort" to "tell calibre to use a language other than the user interface language". What would I put there? According to the description, the only other variable, "title_sort_articles" "is ignored (present only for legacy reasons)." Do i misunderstand you? Are there other variables I should be aware of?

P.S. Perhaps I should have mentioned that the language fields for the books mentioned in my original post are set to "Italian" and Spanish" respectively. Is calibre expecting them to be set to "ita" and "spa" instead"? The books with language set to "English" are being correctly parsed, but perhaps that is because English is my UI language.

Last edited by rsbrux; 03-30-2024 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:35 AM   #4
rsbrux
Enthusiast

Using bulk metadata edit as described here and selecting the checkbox to update titles parsed the foreign titles correctly. See this post for details.

Tags
advanced, language, preferences, title sort, tweaks