Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
moryoav
moryoav began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Export to Dropbox or email from Calibre Server?

Hello,

I set up my Calibre Server and I'm very happy with it. It would have saved me time if I had an option to export epubs from the browser (browsing at the collection through the Calibre Server) directly to my Dropbox account or to automatically send an email with the epub as an attachment to my email address. I could then set up my rooted nook to save those files and I'd get a good solution for wireless syncing between calibre server and the nook.

Any ideas?

moryoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by moryoav View Post
It would have saved me time if I had an option to export epubs from the browser (browsing at the collection through the Calibre Server) directly to my Dropbox account
If you don't have dropbox setup on whatever machine the browser is on then this is not currently an option. If you do have dropbox on the machine you should be able to, via the browser, download the file and save it in whatever directory you choose. Are you saying your rooted Nook can't download via the browser straight to the Nook?

Moderator Notice
Moved the thread to general calibre forum. The development forum is not the place to ask for new features unless you make it clear you are willing to develop the feature yourself. Please read the "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum" sticky post from the top of the Development forum.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-17-2012 at 06:53 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
moryoav
moryoav began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Browsing through the vast library on the server through the Nook itself isn't that comfortable, with the slow refresh rate and bw display. I'd much rather browse and pick on a normal screen, save the epub, and then open the file directly from my Nook. Naturally, what I meant was for there to be an option to save it on dropbox that's not installed locally, otherwise that's ofcourse not a problem...

Oh well...
moryoav is offline   Reply With Quote