Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
salarconurraca
salarconurraca began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96, boox Max
M96 Too much time checking Ext SD Card

Hi Everyone:
i'm a happy owner of a m96, bought in ereader-store.de.
everything works as expected, except but a very strange behavior:
Every time i switch on the unit, takes almost 5 minutes checking the external SD card, delaying all the operations and without show any titles in "now reading" and "recently read"
After this checking operation all go to normal.
is this behavior correct? do i have to do something in order to fix this?

Thanks in advance
salarconurraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
With the M92 there is an option to disable the preloading of the metadata.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
salarconurraca
salarconurraca began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96, boox Max
Thank you Randy for the answer, however i couldn't find any option about that.

Any ideas?
salarconurraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
OVK
OVK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW and PW2, Onyx Boox M96C
I'd be interested in this solution as well.
I was trying to mount 32GB SDHC full of data (26GB of PDF files) and it was taking like 15 minutes for mount.
OVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:39 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I am revisiting this older thread because I have the exact same problem, but actually much worse that the OP had.
My M96 has a 32GB card with about 6GB of data on it (mostly audio that I use for language study). When I turn on the device, it starts checking the card and is unusable for over an hour (!). During this time I cannot read (even though my books are on the device, not on the card), and - more importantly - cannot take notes (I use Lecture Notes which needs the SD card to be operational).
Any tips for solving this problem?
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #6
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I seem to have found the cause and solution.
My RSS reader (GReader) left nearly 3.000 small cache files on the card. Once I deleted that folder, the M96 recognised the card much faster. A similar number of mp3 files did not seem to slow it down at all.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m96