Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
qinbill
qinbill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dxg
Anyone have fonts from Kindle 3

Just got a Kindle DXg.
But it dose not support Chinese as Kindle 3.

I jairbreaked and tried some fonts. The problem is if I choose some better chinese fonts then the english fonts is ugly. I like the original Kindle English Fonts. But I want it support Chinese Characters.

If the Kindle 3 is support chinese. It's fonts must support chinese. So anyone got Kindle 3 jairbreaked. Please copy it's fonts out and I want to give it a try.

Thanks.
qinbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
qinbill

UpUPUPUPUPUP
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Here are the K3 CJK/ITL family names.

HeiSeiMaruGoth213_E (J)
HangulGothMTC_E (K)
MHeiM18030_E (Cs)
MHeiM-Big5HKSCS_E (Ct)
code2000 (fallback)

After that, you're on your own, because I'm pretty sure they're copyrighted.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
People have mentioned that the chinese fonts in the K3 aren't particularly great and are missing glyphs and just don't look very nice.

You don't need to bump your post and also spam it across this mean threads either :P
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:25 AM   #5
qinbill

Sorry. Just eager to have a perfect fonts for English and Chinese.

By the way. I have spend a whole afternoon to combine original Kindle Fonts with DroidSansFallback. Now I have finished generate a perfect fonts for 2.5 users to view both CJK and English perfect.

I will post it if lots of people want them.
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Adobe has a font collection which is really great.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
piceth
piceth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've overwritten the backup (original) fonts on my k3 by accident. If anyone could PM me the fonts, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
piceth is offline   Reply With Quote